February 15, 2015 Watchtower Tells Lies About Bible Jesus!

by Island Man 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Island Man
    Island Man

Page 6, paragraph 7 dishonestly makes the following 2 claims about Jesus:

1. "He never called undue attention to himself. Instead, he directed all glory to his Father."

In contrast to the above claim, notice what the Bible actually says about Jesus:

(John 6:35) . . .Jesus said to them: “I am the bread of life. He that comes to me will not get hungry at all, and he that exercises faith in me will never get thirsty at all.

(John 8:12) . . .Therefore Jesus spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.”

(John 8:23, 24) . . .So he went on to say to them: “YOU are from the realms below; I am from the realms above. YOU are from this world; I am not from this world. 24 Therefore I said to YOU, YOU will die in YOUR sins. For if YOU do not believe that I am [he], YOU will die in YOUR sins.”

(John 5:22, 23) . . .For the Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son, 23 in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.. . .

(Matthew 11:28) . . .Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU.

(John 11:4) . . .But when Jesus heard it he said: “This sickness is not with death as its object, but is for the glory of God, in order that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”

(John 11:25, 26) . . .Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life; 26 and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. . .

(John 14:6) . . .Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

(Matthew 12:42) . . .The queen of the south will be raised up in the judgment with this generation and will condemn it; because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Sol′o·mon, but, look! something more than Sol′o·mon is here.

Never drew attention to himself, my foot! It seems like Jesus was always saying 'I am this and I am that, and if you don't accept it and follow me then bad on you!'

2. "He never talked down to his disciples or made them feel inferior"
    In contrast to this claim, notice what the bible actually says about Jesus:
    (Matthew 16:23) . . .But, turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”
    (Luke 17:10) . . .So YOU, also, when YOU have done all the things assigned to YOU, say, ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’”
    (Matthew 17:15-17) . . .“Lord, have mercy on my son, because he is an epileptic and is ill, for he falls often into the fire and often into the water; 16 and I brought him to your disciples, but they could not cure him.” 17 In reply Jesus said: “O faithless and twisted generation, how long must I continue with YOU? How long must I put up with YOU? Bring him here to me.”
    (Matthew 15:15, 16) . . .By way of response Peter said to him: “Make the illustration plain to us.” 16 At this he said: “Are YOU also yet without understanding?

(Matthew 26:40) . . .And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter: “Could YOU men not so much as watch one hour with me?

(Matthew 7:11) . . .Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will YOUR Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him?
    (Mark 10:24) . . .“Children, how difficult a thing it is to enter into the kingdom of God!
    Didn't talk down to his disciples, my foot! As the above examples show, Jesus often expressed exasperation with his followers in the form of pejorative rhetorical questions like 'are you without understanding?' and 'how long must I put up with you?', for their slowness in grasping matters and for their lack of faith. He also talked down to his followers by calling them children, calling them wicked, and encouraging them to have a very low estimation of themselves as being 'good-for-nothing slaves'.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Even in the highly flattering and clearly exaggerated gospel accounts tacitly acknowledge that Jesus (if he existed) was just another cult leader.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    I forgot to mention the fact that Jesus would viciously insult the religious leaders, calling them "offspring of vipers", "hypocrites", "blind guides" and "fools". But to be fair, they weren't his disciples, were they? But it just goes to show that a man who would publicly insult others that way would have no qualms about talking down to his disciples.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

By the way, my last comment about Jesus insulting the religious leaders raises a very troubling implication for bible-believing christians who believe Jesus was sinless. Here's why:

(Acts 23:3-5) . . .Then Paul said to him: “God is going to strike you, you whitewashed wall. Do you at one and the same time sit to judge me in accord with the Law and, transgressing the Law, command me to be struck?” 4 Those standing by said: “Are you reviling the high priest of God?” 5 And Paul said: “Brothers, I did not know he was high priest. For it is written, ‘You must not speak injuriously of a ruler of your people.’”

In this text Paul acknowledges that it's a sin to speak injuriously of a religious leader. But isn't this what Jesus did time and time again in Matthew 23?
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

In reading any sentence, statement, or phrase be careful not to miss the grammatical modifier.

"He never called undue attention to himself."

The use of the grammatical modifier "undue" changes the statement and structure of the sentence. The word "undue" can mean unwarranted or inappropriate or excessive or disproportionate.

He never called inappropriate attention to himself.

Grammatical modifiers are often used by the governing body and the writers of Watchtower literature to entirely change the meaning of statements and sentences. Consider the phrases "mature christian" or "spiritual brother" or "qualified elder" and how the grammatical modifier is used to change the meaning. The phrase "qualified elder" does not mean there are unqualified elders, for the Watchtower Society would never admit that.

Not too long ago Stephen Lett of the governing body gave a talk in which he warned JW's to reject "false stories ... apostate-driven lies and dishonesties". His talk was replete with grammatical modifiers such as the three just quoted in the previous sentence.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Jwleaks, I also picked up the watchtower has included "undue" in order to give themselves some wriggle room. However, the next sentence goes on to state that "all" glory is directed to the father when the scriptures show that is not the case.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Today's lesson was one jacked-up brainwashing session. I was going to start a separate thread about it, but ......

The word "undue", is very important. It gives wiggle room, as has been mentioned. The REAL mind-FRACKING, IMO, was the back and forth between praise for the R&F, and the need to put them in their place.

Think about this, you have an entire WT series about Jesus, right? What do you make sure to include? ( Remember that the FDS/GB approve all the articles...supposedly...) What is an all-important point for the R&F?? What does every congregation need to hear after the "special" talk??

They need to hear how Brother Chuckle-nuts from 1902 thought of himself as a worthless piece of dirt! That's right! If he ever "thought too much" of himself, ( whatever that means), he would have a "reality check" with himself and remember that he was a worthless "speck of dust!!"

Yep!!! That's what Jeehoobie wants you to remember!! This article was all over the place! Seriously, "humble Elders" we're commenting left and right. These poor bastards don't know which way is up! I'm sure that many actually mean well and believe that they are not judges, but then they judge because "God's channel" tells them they must.

Shame on you, GB!! Shame on you.... You should be so ashamed...

DD

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Don't you just love the parts dealing with the lost sheep, how plainly it shows how the lost ones were to be treated. Yet insted of really helping the sickly and injured sheep, instead they kick them, and beat on them, then toss, the woonded weak sheep, out into the cold dark night, scared and alone!

Then the lost son, who had gone off and led a very BSD late, and when he came to see how, his dads slaves had it better than he. So he goes home , and as his dad caught site of him, ran to him, grabbed and hugged him, and started ordering his servents to make a feast for him. All without holding a kangaroo court, to humiliate, and beat him even more.

Both the dad, and Sheppard, pictured Jesus and his Dad, and how they expected sick and injured followers to be treated, and cared for!

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Island Man

Island Man
    You quoted mostly from the Fourth Gospel, which shows another Jesus. The Fourth Gospel shows the Christ according to the views of the johannine community. The authors of this Gospel created Jesus' dialogues against the jewish leaders because the johannine community was suffering jewish shunning and persecution. Most of the jewish christians were disfellowshipped from the synagogues at the end of the first century. So, the authors needed to create an arrogant Jesus against the Pharisees so as to condemn them. The same did the author of Matthew, who seemed to write his Gospel at the end of the first century (or may be in the first half of the second one). For instance, according to John, Jesus said before the Jews that he existed before Abraham. I doubt that Jesus did such a thing. Only an arrogant crazy person could say that.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Island Man...I agree. If you don't call this calling attention to yourself what is: John 17:3 "This means everlasting life their coming to know.....the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ' (these are Jesus' own words BTW)!

Another favorite is Rev 14:1: "Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name (Jesus Christ) and the name of his Father written on their foreheads (notice in this verse Jesus mentions himself 1st and his Father 2nd)."

Time and time and time and time and time again the Christian Creek Scriptures quote Jesus' calling attention to himself and the importance of his role in a Christian's worship and faith!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit