The Bible Character Who Said, "Wait on Jehovah"

by metatron 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

Once upon a time, the Bible tells us, there was an authority figure in ancient Israel. He observed the corruption, the decay, the wrongdoing and the nepotism and he wagged his finger vigorously !

Instead of taking action, he warned, 'You just wait until Jehovah takes care of you !" And he did little or nothing.

He was the very "Wait On Jehovah" man. The Original Wait On Jehovah man. The Do-Nothing, Wave Your Finger, and Pretend It Isn't Happening man.

He was the High Priest, Eli. (1 Sam. 5: 21- 35) He followed the same, 'do nothing but complain' pattern of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses today.

How much longer, do you think, it will be before you Watchtower leaders lose all credibility and capability to command? Here's a clue, guys: In Nazi Germany, they put up so many signs that said "Achtung: Verboten!", that ordinary people began to ignore them because it seemed that most everything was "Verboten!" !!

So, you elderly Eli followers condemn college. And Vampire movies. And Facebook. And after school sports. And the internet. And online dating. And oral sex. And anything novel, new,trendy, interesting in favor of your dead meetings and sterile ministry.

You do little more than nag, nag, nag. Bold action is long overdue.

Let them go ! Stop trying to stem the flow outward and open the floodgates! Set free the disenchanted publishers (unless you enjoy fake time slips).

You did this in Bethel, at least once. Do it to the whole organization!

metatron

• clarity
    clarity

Metatron ..... right on!

I never knew that was Eli ....ppffff

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Psa 37:7 is what they're usually referring to. Problem is, when they say "Wait on Jehovah", they mean "Wait on us." Since they believe they're prophets, whatever they say is "Jehovah speaking", through their magazines. Even when the Bible has already given us God's take and opinion on a matter, they still say "Wait on Jehovah", if we see they've got it wrong (again).

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • cptkirk
    cptkirk

wontleave: exactly. they claim to have the "holy spirit", they are a fraud and now they know it. they are trying to find any reason they can scripturally to explain to themselves why they are frauds and that is actually part of being holy.(ie. we get everything wrong, let's see that must be in the bible somewhere that makes us true prophets when you are 100% wrong on everything all the time). they dont realize they are doing that, but self denial of that level is truly special. and ironically what else would you expect from a group that claims to speak for god through the scriptures? what do the scriptures actually say? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. absolutely nothing? what that's not true, there are thousands of pages, how can you say that? because it's a lot like the dictionary, it says "everything", and yet it says "nothing". almost every single point made can be countered by another point in the same book? 100 + -100 = 0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

METATRON: "Wait on Jehovah" is just a euphemism used by many JWs for "don't do anything and don't upset the status-quo". What's more, I don't believe some of these hypocrites even BELIEVE Jehovah is going to step in and "fix" anything. If they really feared Jehovah's "vengeance" why DO what they do?? Their actions are in direct contradiction of somebody who supposedly fears a supreme being. This begs the question: what the hell are they doing there?

• metatron
    metatron

A fair point, I suppose. And you might argue that the Governing Body is already following this policy of dismissal on a smaller scale.

Arrogant men like Losch may be behind shutting down Branch Offices and consolidating Kingdom Halls - and they may be thinking that they are just sloughing off half dead publishers thereby.

metatron

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the only thing that irritates me more than, "Wait on Jehovah" is " We'll See"

• blondie
    blondie

Did Paul "wait on Jehovah" when he went to Antioch and publicly corrected Peter re shunning the Gentile Christians?

(Galatians 2:11-14) 11 However, when Ce´phas came to Antioch, I resisted him face to face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before the arrival of certain men from James, he used to eat with people of the nations; but when they arrived, he went withdrawing and separating himself, in fear of those of the circumcised class. 13 The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense, so that even Bar´na?bas was led along with them in their pretense. 14 But when I saw they were not walking straight according to the truth of the good news, I said to Ce´phas before them all: "If you, though you are a Jew, live as the nations do, and not as Jews do, how is it that you are compelling people of the nations to live according to Jewish practice?"

Did Abigail "wait on Jehovah" when her husband Nabal put their household in danger by refusing hospitality to David?

(1 Samuel 25:14-26) 14 Meanwhile, to Ab´i?gail, Na´bal’s wife, one of the young men reported, saying: "Look! David sent messengers from the wilderness to wish our master well, but he screamed rebukes at them. 15 And the men were very good to us, and they did not molest us, and we did not miss a single thing all the days of our walking about with them while we happened to be in the field. 16 A wall was what they proved to be around us both by night and by day, all the days that we happened to be with them, shepherding the flock. 17 And now know and see what you are going to do, for calamity has been determined against our master and against all his house, as he is too much of a good-for-nothing fellow to speak to him." 18 At once Ab´i?gail hastened and took two hundred loaves of bread and two large jars of wine and five sheep dressed and five seah measures of roasted grain and a hundred cakes of raisins and two hundred cakes of pressed figs and put them upon the asses. 19 Then she said to her young men: "Pass on ahead of me. Look! I am coming after YOU." But to her husband Na´bal she told nothing. 20 And it occurred that while she was riding on the ass and secretly going down the mountain, why, there were David and his men coming down to meet her. So she encountered them. 21 As for David, he had said: "It was altogether for disappointment that I guarded everything that belongs to this fellow in the wilderness and not a single thing of all that belongs to him showed up missing, and yet he repays me evil in return for good. 22 So may God do to the enemies of David and so may he add to it if I shall let anyone of all who are his that urinates against the wall remain until the morning." 23 When Ab´i?gail caught sight of David, she at once hastened and got down off the ass and fell upon her face before David and bowed to the earth. 24 She then fell at his feet and said: "Upon me myself, O my lord, be the error; and, please, let your slave girl speak in your ears, and listen to the words of your slave girl. 25 Please, do not let my lord set his heart upon this good-for-nothing man Na´bal, for, as his name is, so is he. Na´bal is his name, and senselessness is with him. As for me your slave girl, I did not see my lord’s young men that you had sent. 26 And now, my lord, as Jehovah is living and as your soul is living, Jehovah has held you back from entering into bloodguilt and having your own hand come to your salvation. And now let your enemies and those seeking injury to my lord become like Na´bal.

Did the "house of Chloe" "wait on Jehovah" or did they report their congregation's problems to Paul who was on the road? Did Paul tell them to "wait on Jehovah"?

(1 Corinthians 1:11) 11 For the disclosure was made to me about YOU, my brothers, by those of [the house of] Chlo´e, that dissensions exist among YOU.

*** w97 8/15 p. 29 Why Report What Is Bad? ***We find another example in Paul’s first letter to the Christian congregation at Corinth. This time the apostle names the witnesses who reported the matter. He wrote: "The disclosure was made to me about you, my brothers, by those of the house of Chloe, that dissensions exist among you." (1 Corinthians 1:11) Paul knew that this dissension, along with giving undue honor to men, had created a sectarian attitude that threatened to destroy the congregation’s unity. Hence, out of deep regard for the spiritual welfare of his fellow believers there, Paul acted quickly and wrote corrective counsel to the congregation.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

good point Blondie. I've wondered why there are disfellowshippings if we're supposed to wait on Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit