Empathizing with homosexual struggles as a hertosexual

by sabastious 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

Snoozy: That was just a disgusting example to use. Couldn't you think of something a little more classier?

Yea! Let's not look at it directly in the eye.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I had a therapist explain to me one time that there are no 100% gay or 100% straight people.

We all fall somewhere in between that scale of 1-99.

I think that is true, nothing is completely black or white. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as a hermaphrodite.

Hermaphrodites are no less human or inferior then anyone else, why would gays be any different?

And why would gays be unacceptible, but hermaphrodites are an accepted fact of nature/god?

• White Dove
    White Dove

We are all still learning about ourselves, and that includes finding out by trial and error and experimentation just how gay or straight we are.

I'll go through days when I'm all about the ladies, then there'll be days when guys kind of appeal to me, too.

I'm bi.

Still don't know just where I place on that scale.

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

I agree, no one is 100% straight or gay. If we have physical specimens that display dual sexual features, could you imagine that the mind wouldn't be different? Magazines marketed to straight men are full of color photos of smoking hot, hard-bodied dudes. LoL.

I have a very close friend, that I love dearly, who is a gay former JW. We've known each other since our teenage years and he now talks about how inimidated he was by me because I appeared so masculine and confident. Ha! I was just as scared as every other teenager. Anyway... we XJ-Dubs all have our issues, but if you want to talk to someone who is have a REALLY rough time... try a homosexual XJW. He was 21 when he came out and sex has always been difficult for him. He can't help feeling guilty. For all the time I've known him, he's FINALLY in a healthy 'mo relationship. We're 34...

I'm with Nickolas, the bible is shit. But, Jesus said that the greatest commands were to love your god and your neighbor. He said NOTHING about hating fags. That was Paul's deal and he was famous for "beating his ass" what does that tell you about his sexuality??

• Leolaia
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Empathizing with homosexual struggles as a hertosexual

Alongside (and subject to) Reason, Empathy is one of the indicators of Enlightenment, Sab. Kudos to you.

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

Umm... that video made me cry. Never seen it before. It's going on my FB. Thanks.

• Leolaia

Sab,

Thank you for the best post I've read in some time! I think it's pretty difficult for heteros to comprehend the struggles faced by homosexuals. I have seen horrific treatment of JW homosexuals by their own family, and of course, was appalled by it. But I've never looked at this issue from the angle you presented in your post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit