Part 14: The Last Shepherding Visit

by Amazing 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Makena1
    Makena1

Thanks Amazing and VM!

Thought the story sounded a little familiar. My wife and I were on vacation a couple of years ago - flipping channels and believe we watched the video you referenced. At the time we were still attending infrequently but on our way out. I remember seeing RF interviewed, and they also cut to several interviews of a Society spokesperson filmed at a district convention. Seem to recall a statement to the affect that "JW's do not experience family problems like other religions - little or no divorce rate etc."

The part about the son who committed suicide before facing a JC hit close to home and was influential in getting us to continue our research.

Thanks again!
    Makena

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi VM: Ahhhhh ... that's it, the Creitans!

"The story about the son who committed suicide rather than face the JC is told in his book and in the movie, but it happened to another family. The Chretien's have only a single daughter."

Yes. You are correct. I goofed there. I was shocked when I read that story as well as the suicide Ray Franz mentions of the JW woman who jumped off of the Golden Gate bridge. The JW system of JC's is seriously incompetant, and should not exist in the first place.

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

Awesome.

ashi

• bigboi
    bigboi

This is good, really good.

ONE....

bigboi

• Amazing
    Amazing

It gets even more wild - and the material is copyrighted ... so, next step may be the media ... who knows ... maybe that will be the crowning moment for this saga ... someting to think about. Thank everyone.

• r51785
    r51785

VM44, were you in the La Jolla Congregation? I was. I left the JW's just a couple of years ahead of Leonard and Marjorie. It's seems funny to me that although we were thinking the same things at the same time, JW paranoia stopped us from talking about it!

• TR
    TR

This is great! The gestapo comes to your house and you end up sending them packing with shit on their faces! I love it!

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'm totally mesmerized...and I'm not JW or Ex-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit