Thinking about loosing my friends ....

by Dudu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dudu
    Dudu

@leavinggwt :They are spies. You are absolutely right!! I remember being a 15year-old teenager, with a mom inactive in the truth , struggling with her disease and being working really hard to help and support, and one of those saints "mature sisters" ruining my reputation by saying that i was sleeping with a guy who visited my boss.... My sister was studying the bible and got very dissapointed by this action, the "only thing i can thank her for lol .... This "lady" started to spread rumors against me and i was soooo hurt, i was the one who called the elders !! They said they will talk to her, but i dont know what else happened as i didnt follow the case. At that time i was so into the religion, i was devastated to see how ppl avoided me and look at me down due to those comments :( Funny thing is im a 29 year old virgin!!

• Diest
    Diest

29 year old virgin....I was bitter that I waited till 21 when my friend lost it at 14....7 years is a long time to have to be more comfortable withyourself.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I thought i had dozens of friends

two years i 'drowned' alone and not one came to visit, phoned me or even asked after me.

JWs are fake friends

Conditional friends

Charlatans

Good riddance

oz

• dm6
    dm6

i feel bad for you becaus this sort of thing is very important in life. I wish i could understand your feelings im sure its tough. I cannot relate, i am a very lonely person and have never really had a "real" friend. never really knew why. i guess it will always be like this for me.

Dont let me go off topic here, keep your chin up friend. Im sure with your personality you wil make new friends in no time.

• Dudu
    Dudu

dm6 you are rigth when you say that friends are very important in life ... i make friends very easily and ive been moving around congregations all my life so i know a lot of ppl who arent close friends, the ones i will feel hurt to loose are those i grew up with and we ve been in touch since i was 4 ................ A lil advise.. smile , thats the best recipe to make new friends , be your first friend, then others will come :) :) :) 3 smiles for you !!

• Dudu
    Dudu

@diest yes darling, it is difficult and stressful :S

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You're not losing much. Once you develop real friendships, you will see that they're not as conditional as jw friendships. For example, my best friend is a born again Christian; I am not. She's a Republican; I am a Democrat. We have huge fundamental differences, but we are still friends. She has made major life decisions with which I disagreed, but I stood by her when it all went to hell. When my husband went into cardiac arrest, she was the first person I called after 911 and his kids. I was in shock while getting ready to follow the ambulance to the hospital and couldn't even function enough to put on my shoes. She did it for me and led me by the hand like a child, got me in the van and drove me to the hospital. She spent part of Thanksgiving Day in the hospital with us and had a plate waiting for me when I got home. Good or bad, right or wrong, we've always been there for each other, and I've only known this woman for eight years.

Recently she was dagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer. It is terminal, and my heart broke when I learned how dire her situation is. But she's requested no tears being shed for her. So despite the fact that I come apart at the seams on the inside, when I see her or talk to her on the phone, I put on a brave face and never let her know just how frightened and anguished I am. Like I said, good or bad, right or wrong, she deserves as much, because she truly is my friend.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Believe me, the friends you make outside the WTS will be much better friends.

Many of the friends I have made in the 20 years since my exodus have become FAMILY. I love and regard them as true brothers, sisters, moms & dads. They know the meaning of unconditional love.

It takes time, but you will make new, much healthier relationships.

• Scully
    Scully
    DuduRe: My life so far ...... posted 6 days ago (7/24/2011) </form>

Post 12 of 31
    Since 7/17/2011

Thank you for the support .... I am 32 years old, single, and i feel so lonely sometimes, i have seen this " spiritual " gilrs, leading a double life and then getting married with bethelites , after that they are saints :P yeah sure! Anyways, i dont like all the double standards, like this ex-elder who got married and after 2 years he came out of the closet (gay) ... Im so dissapointed about the boys in the organization!! They show to be one thing when they really are somthing else

DuduRe: Thinking about loosing my friends .... posted 3 days ago (7/27/2011) </form>

Post 25 of 31
    Since 7/17/2011

@leavinggwt :They are spies. You are absolutely right!! I remember being a 15year-old teenager, with a mom inactive in the truth , struggling with her disease and being working really hard to help and support, and one of those saints "mature sisters" ruining my reputation by saying that i was sleeping with a guy who visited my boss.... My sister was studying the bible and got very dissapointed by this action, the "only thing i can thank her for lol .... This "lady" started to spread rumors against me and i was soooo hurt, i was the one who called the elders !! They said they will talk to her, but i dont know what else happened as i didnt follow the case. At that time i was so into the religion, i was devastated to see how ppl avoided me and look at me down due to those comments :( Funny thing is im a 29 year old virgin!!

I'm confused. How can you be 29 and 32 at the same time?

• Dudu
    Dudu

I am 29 ... I am new in this site, and not officially out , so, i was scared and i put 32 in my first post ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit