Do more you slacker from July KM

by life is to short 18 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

They still give my husband KM for me. I truly do not know why so I was flipping through the July one and it made me so mad, another example of us not doing enough.

"Nelena, who is 19 years old and lives in Bulgaria, had two desires-to be baptized and to auxiliary pioneer. However, she suffers from hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy, which for the moment is incurable. She breaths with the aid of a machine, and this restricts her ability to more about. Fulling her first desire, baptism, presented a problem because her condition did not allow her to leave her apartment to attend an assembly. So when she was 18 years old, a Scriptural talk was given at her home, after which she was baptized in a tub.

What of her desire to auxiliary pioneer? During the season when the weather is good, she can sometimes breathe for an hour of so without the aid of the machine. She then enrolls as an auxiliary pioneer, and a publisher pusher her from door to door in a wheelchair. Nelena also conducts a home Bible study by means of voice calls over the Internet. At times, sister in the congregation conduct their Bible studies in Nelena's home, allowing her to participate. Consequently, Nelena was able to auxiliary pioneer thee times during the past year, She says "I am happy that I have fulfilled my two desires. Doing so has drawn me closer to Jehovah my loving Creator."

There was another example but I am ready to throw up now so I will skip it.

LITS

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If this story is true, they should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting this poor girl like this. She can sometimes breathe for ONE HOUR on her own??? And she uses that precious breath to be wheeled from door to door? Shameless. She should be sitting in the park watching children play and listening to the birds. Bastards.

NC

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I hate this kind of articles. Do more because....

Creazy.

• Glander
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Good grief!

A sactioned use of the internet!

oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "Nelena, who is 19 years old and lives in Bulgaria,

Real or fiction?

Guilting a poor child into endangering her life for 7 disgusting men in Brooklyn.

It gets me so angry.

So I'd better do MORE or god will kill me SOON (terms and conditions apply and are subject to 'overlapping')

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is intended to guilt people into doing more despite excuses. Hot weather (or, in winter, freezing weather), migraine headaches, severe allergies, a full schedule at work, and being 98 years old are not admissible excuses. Neither is being excessively tired--you are supposed to expend yourself to the breaking point, and then return in field circus 4 hours later.

What they leave out is that, often, people that are disabled do not often have other things to do with their time. Yes, I agree that it is a waste of time when a person is mostly disabled to be going door to door. But, they do not have to worry about working 8 hours a day. They also don't have to worry about maintenance of home or car. So, they use such as examples and disregard that able-bodied people usually have other responsibilities that can prevent them from pio-sneering.

They also leave out the concept of opportunity cost. Everything you do costs you something--and usually that something is the opportunity to do something else. When a person is disabled, that opportunity cost is reduced because they often can't do much else. But, able-bodied people can enjoy doing other things. This jacks up the opportunity cost of going in field circus. However, it doesn't do anything about the benefit. The optimal point to cut off field circus is when the total cost including opportunity cost of doing the next unit just starts to exceed the marginal benefit. Going beyond that point is too costly, and wasteful. And, if that point is reached before you do zero hours, then you shouldn't even be doing it at all.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

GREAT point about opportunity costs. There is a thread going now about what being a JW has cost us. The cost is EVERYTHING we did NOT DO "for the sake of the good news." I firmly believe everything we do can be explained using economic principles. I'm still working out how it all fits with the Borg lifestyle so that I can create a coherent narrative of it. Opportunity costs tend to be ignored by the faithful while sunk costs are given priority in their twisted reasonings. I hope to have a good essay on it someday.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If the message was important, wouldn't the stones cry out? Why do they paint god as so needy and helpless that not only is he NOT healing the girl, he is DEMANDING that she peddle Watchtower Corp litteratrash that nobody wants to read or he will destroy her very soon. "...drawn me closer to Jehovah my loving Creator"? Sheesh, stuff like this makes me want to kick Jehovah in the balls.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I know they're just trying to be encouraging, but...aaah, [bleep] [bleep]k it! You just can't say anything else to that.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit