July KM Week of July 25

by dontplaceliterature 23 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    "are familiar with Witness terms and concepts"

True meaning- have been sufficiently brainwashed.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I found the theme for the No 3 talk to be interesting- "Why none of the demons are atheists." So does that mean that atheists are worse off (or dumber than) than the demons?

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Good question, serenitynow!, I was watching a YouTube video during that part. I can't imagine atheists were labled worse off by the sister who was the student-speaker tonight.

• blondie
    blondie

July 2011 KM, p. 3

The Watchtower:

The intended readership of the public edition of this journal has a measure of respect for God and for the

Scriptures. They have some knowledge of the Bible but do not understand its teachings

accurately. They are similar to the audience Paul referred to as those who “fear

God.” (Acts 13:14-16) The study edition of

The Watchtower

is written primarily for Jehovah’s Witnesses. Paul assumed that those

who read his letters were familiar with the Scriptures and had an accurate knowledge of

truth. (1 Cor. 1:1, 2) Likewise, articles in the study edition are written for those who attend

our meetings and are familiar with Witness terms and concepts.

------------

I don't think they compare it necessarily to being inspired. I'm sure Paul had other letters he wrote and sent out that were not included in the Bible. Unless I'm quoting the wrong paragraph.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Last sentence par 3.....'Likewise, articles in the study edition are written for those who attend our meetings and are familiar with Witness terms and concepts.'

Yeah, Witness terms and concepts that are not found in God's Word like 'overlapping generation' and '1914'!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@Blondie, you could say that they weren't NECESSARILY making that comparrison.

However, the comments that were made by the Servant conducting the discussion, and the audience, left no question that they felt The Study Edition was comparable to A Letter From Paul.

I was listening in tonight just for shits and giggles.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Did they ever explain who the intended readership is for that stupid "Listen to god" brochure? All JWs should be embarrased of that mess!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Yeah, not to derail the topic, but that brochure is such a joke. I have never in my life met a person in the ministry who is illiterate. (Not that they don't exist, just not in the territory that most JWs preach - not really a Convention-Worthy release if you ask me. It should have just been shoved into some long letter read during the announcements next to this-month's-foreign-language-edition-of-The Bible Teach Book).

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Dontplaceliterature: 'left no question that they felt The Study Edition was comparable to A Letter From Paul.'

I got a feelin that that is how this KM part is going to come across at our meeting. I can just hear the airheads commenting now.

I'll be making a beeline to the mens' room to throw-up!

• TheListener
    TheListener

That's the beauty of the WTS. They put the idea in print and the conductor and congregation add the intended meaning verbally.

It's a win-win for the WTS

Win 1: the point is driven home by the local congregation which means they take ownership of the point because they feel like they're included and important.

Win 2: The WTS has no statement on record with this particular article of making the direct comparison and a month from now no one will believe an apostate or doubter who happens to remember the comments the audience and conductor made.

Sigh....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit