Athiest...

by myohorengekyo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    but i have found more wisdom, knowledge and love in pubs than churches.

Cheers! er, Amen! eh, f(&^ it, lets shoot a rack

Seriously, it's the journey, not where you are.

Pass the salt, plz.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Yet i am thirsty to find a god.

Greetings, dear Myo (peace to you!). Perhaps you are ready to get the sense of:

"If anyone is thirsting, let him come to ME... and DRINK!" John 7:37, 38

Let me know if you need help understanding just what that means. Note, it DOESN'T mean read the Bible/search the scriptures.

Again, peace to you!

Another "lotus flower"... and slave of Christ,

SA, who hates to be the only one to bring wine to a beerfest but... a girl's gotta drink what a girl's gotta drink...

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Atheism makes sense, but it doesn't feel right. How can we be special without a god to create us? How can we be forever without our immortal soul?

On the same journey tho I still believe in God/intelligent design for = the spark of life, and human conciousness. Humans are special in a way that happened 10 - 20 thousand years ago. No evolutionary reason, we just suddenly had speech and art and agriculture. We made a leap the Neanderthals could not in 200,00 years? (not sure the #'s)

Still like God as the simplest answer there. But I know that I don't know - the true beginning of wisdom.

• myohorengekyo
    myohorengekyo

Hi aguest ....yhis might sound a little foolish to you but NAM-MYHO-RANGE-KYO is maybe all we need.It works for Tina Turner,and hundreds of thosands who use it to emancipate themsels totally from there negative karma.Maybe the me we need to comt to is ourselfs.

Hi allsefalls..it doesnt feal right...humuns maybe special in certain ways but we are also less impresive in many other ways.

Myho

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

allelsefails, neanderthals had speech and art and stuff... you seem to be quite misinformed.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Hi aguest... this might sound a little foolish to you but NAM-MYHO-RANGE-KYO is maybe all we need. It works for Tina Turner, and hundreds of thousands who use it to emancipate themsels totally from there negative karma.

Doesn't sound foolish at all, dear Myo (again, peace to you!). In fact, "What's Love Got to Do With It" is one of my favorite books/movies... and the closing song, "I Don't Wanna Fight No More" was a bit cathartic for me when I left the WTBTS (rather, when they asked me to leave)... and my ex. Didn't care who was right or wrong, just didn't want to fight... with ANYONE... anymore. They believed they were right? Cool. Be right. Just let ME be. The chant, then, was helpful: of COURSE something good, beautiful, can come from mud. Of course! Helped, yes. But didn't replace.

Maybe the me we need to come to is ourselfs.

That may well be true for some, dear one, even many. It wasn't/isn't for me... because I learned that I am more, MUCH more, than I ever thought... or was led/allowed to believe. So, for ME, coming to myself wasn't enough: there was still more, something MORE than me, that made me ME. I don't know you can understand that... and that might sound a little foolish to YOU... and others... but it was 'finding' the REST of me... the OTHER part of me... that allowed me to finally be whole. I found that part, which is WHO and WHAT am I... when I found Christ. Actually, when he found me. Because I WAS "lost" - when one doesn't know who or what one is... one cannot know where one truly came FROM. And so, one cannot TRULY know oneself.

I now know myself, dear one... because I now know God. Because I now know... and am known BY... Christ. This is the TRUTH, which is why I can be as honest as I am here with you.

I hope that helps... and please, don't EVER worry about appearing "foolish" to ME. I appear such to others all the time. But... so what? Comes with the territory - LOLOL!

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• myohorengekyo
    myohorengekyo

Aguest

With an allowance of 10 posts a day its difficult to debate. Lets just say i envy you for having left the witnesses, and found something real to you.

Myo

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, dear Myo... and the greatest of love and peace to you! May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, my Lord, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... be upon you... if you so wish it.

And may the "gods" of JWN soon grant you more than 10 posts per day - LOLOL!

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No evolutionary reason, we just suddenly had speech and art and agriculture. We made a leap the Neanderthals could not in 200,00 years?

Suddenly?? I think you need to study a bit more. Neanderthals placed flowers in graves. Agriculture came late--there was NO jump. Humans (homo-sapiens) were hunter gatherers for a much longer part of their history than they were farmers. Neanderthals had art. Painted shell jewelry has been found, so not only did they make art, they wore it= symbolism. Neanderthals even marked graves and there is a lot of evidence of ceremony at funerals.

The answers are not simple. They become more complex everyday. Considering how complex we all really are, the answer SHOULDN'T be simple. If you need to feel special, you might like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOIoq-d4_Nk

• NewChapter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit