Attention Lurkers- the Paradise Resort Bus

by stuckinamovement 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

When I joined I felt I was getting on a bus, but not a bus to paradise. I thought it was a bus following Christ Jesus. When I found out it wasn't, I spoke to the driver, tried gently to get him to steer in the right direction. Got pushed away, so for some time I have been standing on bit where you get off. I've trying to tell them they are driving over a cliff. Not quite to no avail but the bus is now rumbling on towards the cliff edge and I'm back on foot - with a few others.

We wont be getting on any more buses.

Churches have naves and I think that's to do with ships. So some get on ships - reminds me of how they use the scripture to do with baptism and link it to the ark.

(1 Peter 3:20-21) . . .who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water. 21 That which corresponds to this is also now saving YOU, namely, baptism, (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the request made to God for a good conscience,) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. . .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINAMOVEMENT:

I’m glad you are doing well after leaving the JW religion.

I’m very glad I also got off that ‘paradise bus’ at an unscheduled stop - and ran !

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

Wow! Great writing! It makes you look at the org in a whole new way. So twisted and creepy, but right on the money. Every witness needs to read this, but I’m sure they wouldn’t see it that way.

Yeah the only thing missing is someone standing up trying to ask questions then two big men grab him put duct tape over his mouth and drag him off the bus. Or ones that die being to off the bus.

Brilliant Work!

This should be the opening scene of a documentary series on Jehovah’s Witness!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was told he studied with Zephania Waddell and Zeph said he'd never make it because he loved celebrity too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNP5yqg7hc

On the other hand, maybe he knew what kind of bus it was. If he did, he never told Hank Marvin.

• Anna Marina
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

Awesome analogy it’s too bad every new fresh faced batch of converts believe THEY will finally reach their paradise destination. Every newcomer, the majority of which these days are JWs born-in children believe that the one’s that went BEFORE them were simply born at the “wrong time” and died awaiting a resurrection.

The current younger members that are “true believers” feel THEY are the chosen ones that line up perfectly in the WT promises of paradise and eternity. They fail to analyze history and see that all those previous generations felt THEY were in the “sweet spot” of human history and would NEVER die. This is how the religion has survived for so long.

People die… and all the memories of broken promises and predictions fade away into obscurity. Now the new foot soldiers are told THEY will NEVER succumb to death and the cycle just repeats itself. It’s evil and cruel to deliberately deceive many honest hearted people in this way.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Agreed Baldeagle - it is very cruel. I will never identify such people as Jehovah's Witnesses, let alone Christians. It is horrible behaviour.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

As relatively new poster, I find this old post so amazing! Yes I know you can search for great posts but it would be great if there was like a hall of game posting area to look a legacy posts from the past, especially those that can of benefit for those newly out. Maybe the long timers could point out some good ones to bring to the forefront ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is the only JW bus that I know of:

Image result for armageddon is right around the corner

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    HiddenPimo

If your not aware of her posts already i would suggest ,Leolaia`s posts for one.

And I have to agree it was a great analogy and printed out we could say to the next JW who calls at our door ,I will read or hear your presentation only if you will examine what I have to show you to read .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit