2 Tier Watchtower Publications- 1) For Regulars and 2) For Door-to-Door

by dreamgolfer 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Folks, I dont post much although I have been raised a JW all my life.

It has been awhile since this begain to bother me but I have to ask...What is the TRUE STORY of why the WTBTS created a 2nd edition for WT magazine placement purposes only? I have been puzzled but can only suppose the reasons, costs, control, etc...but truly did they think that When CT Russell started the magazine it was for ALL to read, not published for a "select few" and if you come regular to the meetings we'll get you the "Real issue" with real articles?

I know this has probably been discussed over and over, but please humor me and tell me how they can with a straight face "THEY" think this was "OK" to publish in this manner.

This alone smacks of hypocrasy, as it was not the intention of the Faithful slave to do such a thing when Jesus put control on earth in CT's hands, funny how that works out. They have decided to create a 2-tier system of knowledge.

Somehow I dont think that is what Jesus wanted when he said "Come all who are thirsty drink". Maybe he would have said, "Come all who are good enough, I will give you CLEAN water, those that are not worthy, I will find something almost as good for the time being"

Okay, let the responses begin I want to read how this is justified by those that know

thank you!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

One of the many things I see is the elite feeling JDubs get when they are allowed their very own 'study' watchtower. The 'worldly people' aren't privy to it so the Dubs feel special.

It's just the pyramid system the WTB$ works on.

Of course pious-sneers get the 'light' book.

elders get the 'skin the flock' book.

There are many tiers and at each level the Dubs feel 'special', 'privileged' to be a part of it.

Then they buy into the 'brand', then the GB rake in the cash!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Also, I think the WTBS gave up following anything Russell intended a LONG time ago...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** km 7/07 p. 1 Exciting Changes for The Watchtower! ***
    Exciting Changes for The Watchtower!

1 Earlier this year, congregations received a thrilling announcement: Starting in January 2008, The Watchtower will have two different editions, one for the public and the other for our Christian brotherhood! Perhaps you have been wondering: ‘How will the two magazines be different? What are the advantages of having separate editions? Are there any new features to look forward to?'

2 The Differences: The issue dated the first of the month will be known as the Public Edition. All the articles in this issue will be prepared with the public in mind. The issue dated the 15th of the month will be known as the Study Edition and will not be offered in field service. It will contain all the study articles needed for one month as well as secondary articles that are of particular interest to dedicated Christians. The Public Edition of The Watchtower not only will appeal to Witnesses but will especially appeal to non-Witnesses who may accept the Bible. Awake!, on the other hand, will still be aimed at a broader audience, including skeptics and those who profess a non-Christian religion.

3 The Advantages: In the Study Edition, it will no longer be necessary to explain terms like "pioneer" in ways that non-Witnesses can grasp. This edition can also contain pointed information prepared especially for Jehovah's Witnesses and Bible students who are making spiritual progress. What about the Public Edition? Since the subjects and the style of writing will be directed toward the public, a non-Witness should enjoy reading the magazine from cover to cover. Of course, every Witness of Jehovah will benefit from reading each issue. Because we will be offering just one Watchtower with one Awake! in the field ministry each month, we will have an entire month to develop effective presentations.

4 New Features: Some exciting new features are planned for the Public Edition of The Watchtower. One feature will discuss basic Scriptural teachings in a very simple format. Another will show how the Bible can help families. Bible study projects will be outlined for young people. Each issue will have an article highlighting specific Bible passages that teach us about Jehovah as a person.

5 We pray that Jehovah will bless this new arrangement for The Watchtower. May that journal, along with Awake!, reach many more deserving ones with the good news.-Matt. 10:11.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** w08 1/15 p. 3 The New Study Edition of The Watchtower ***

The New Study Edition of The Watchtower

THE magazine that you are reading is the first issue of the study edition of The Watchtower. We would like to explain some of the features of the new format of this magazine.

The study edition is published for Jehovah's Witnesses and progressive Bible students. It will appear once a month and will contain either four or five study articles. The schedule for considering these study articles is printed on the cover of the magazine. Unlike the public edition of The Watchtower, the study edition will not have different cover illustrations for each issue, since it will not be offered in the field ministry.

On page 2 of the magazine, you will find a very helpful short summary of the purpose of each study article or series as well as a list of the secondary articles. Watchtower Study conductors will find that feature very helpful as they prepare for a meaningful discussion of the articles at the congregation meeting.

You will notice that the study articles are a little shorter than they were previously. As a result, more time is allowed for the consideration of key scriptures during the Watchtower Study. We warmly encourage you to look up all the cited scriptures each week. Some cited scriptures are marked "read" and should be read and discussed during the Watchtower Study. Other scriptures may also be read as time allows. In some articles, you may find scriptures marked "compare." Since such scriptures do not directly prove the main points in the paragraph, they will usually not be read at the congregation meeting. Still, "compare" scriptures do contain interesting supplementary information, or they may provide indirect support for the points under discussion. We encourage you to check them while preparing for the Watchtower Study. Perhaps you will be able to refer to them in your comments.

The annual report will no longer appear in The Watchtower. Starting in 2008, it will appear as an insert in Our Kingdom Ministry as well as in the Yearbook. However, as indicated above, the study edition does include secondary articles. Although many of these will not be discussed at a congregation meeting, you are encouraged to read them carefully. They too contain spiritual food from "the faithful and discreet slave."-Matt. 24:45-47.

Finally, the study edition and the public edition of The Watchtower are not two different magazines. They are both The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. They have on page 2 identical paragraphs explaining the purpose of The Watchtower. Both will be included in the annual bound volume. And material from both will be found in the "Do You Remember?" feature, which will be published in the study edition.

Since 1879, through periods of war, economic hardship, and persecution, The Watchtower has faithfully proclaimed truths about God's Kingdom. We pray that with Jehovah's blessing, it will continue to do so in its new format. And we pray that Jehovah will bless you, the reader, as you make good use of the new study edition of The Watchtower.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hey golfer. I would say the only ones that "really know" are the GB and maybe a few close to the top. If you accept the premise often quoted by LeavingWT that the WT is "A publishing corporation evolving to survive" (which I agree with) then the two editions solve two problems:

1) Costs - The current public WT has 40 million issues printed. I don't know the private edition stats, I would guess more around 10 million. Cut 30 million mags each month and thats a huge cost savings. Add to that they cut the second monthly Awake a few years back and you can see huge cost cutting measures taking place in the last 10 years.

2) Indoctrination - The private edition can be more aggressive and heavy handed in the guidance it gives to active JWs. See the 7/15/11 WT for evidence of that. They don't want that kind of material out in the public, as much as the public ignores their magazines already.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I love this little twist on reality:

Finally, the study edition and the public edition of The Watchtower are not two different magazines.

They've redefined "different" just like they've redefined "generation" . . . evidently.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you read Hassan's books, you'll learn that high-control groups typically have both Insider Doctrine and Outsider Doctrine.

For example, the Moonies masquerade as a 'Christian' organization. However, once you're a member, the leadership will openly speak of Jesus as having been a complete failure.

The WT also has Insider Doctrine and Outsider Doctrine. For example, when you knock on doors, you tell people that you're not trying to change their religion. Nothing could be further from the truth (no pun intended).

The magazines which are designed for the members are the ones that contain the information that would more easily offend the public, who are not biased to accept information which is illogical.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Public Edition Study Edition

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course there are 3 Versions of the WT nowadays...........the Public one, the Study one and the one for Simpletons who cannot grasp long words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit