message for belbab

by hellenback 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hellenback
    hellenback

I know 2 names of elders at bromley cong Robert Slee who was spitting image of rutherford and Gerald Archer. Another was Peter King.

• Curtains
    Curtains

hi hellenback. I think I know Robert Slee - he gave a talk in our congregation

• hellenback
    hellenback

Hi Curtains which cong were you in ?

• hellenback
    hellenback

His Father Ken was lovely his wife Inga reminded me of the queen and his daughters were spoilt and always looked down their noses at us poor folk they lived in a huge house in farnborough park very exclusive private estate in keston bromley.

• sizemik
    sizemik

If you're recruiting a firing squad . . . I'll volunteer.

sorry . . . just kidding

• Curtains
    Curtains

sounds like the same family hellenback, going back generations too. I only met Robert Slee as visitng speaker. I knew members of his extended family - they were very well off too and extremely zealous and were members of a London congregaton I'd visited. Rastall family ring a bell?

• hellenback
    hellenback

Rastall family dont ring a bell. Bromley cong regation was quite nice. When I was young there was a lovely brother who used to wear a bow tie all the time brother mcintire. Also Joe little and his family were nice and Henry little as well. Many with 2 faces as well though.

• Curtains
    Curtains

I've heard that the Rastall family lived in Keston until the early eighties. Were there 2 congregations in Bromley?

I don't recognise any of the names you mention.

• hellenback
    hellenback

I think we went to the last meeting in bromley in about 1981 . I had 2 bros and sisters I must have been around 12 or 13 I think

• grahammt
    grahammt

Probably a bit late for this thread, I was at Bromley congregation 1974 to 1976 and remember Robert Slee well. I speak very much as an ex-JW and do not have a flattering opinion of the elders, most struck me as dull and self-righteous.

Robert is the elder I remember best as he headed my local Tuesday study night and ministry. I always admired his intellect but struck me he could have a mean temper. and keep inner thoughts well hidden. Before my Baptism he asked me some difficult theological questions which weren't in any of Watchtower literature: did he have secret doubts ?

Yes he was wealthy with the nice house and cars but would not hold that against him, some of the happiest memories of this period were the summer garden parties he held.

Knew Gerald Archer before he became an elder, surprised he stayed.

Have better memories of congregation members.

Always interested to find out what happened to the people I remember

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit