Did Anyone See Nightline's 'Battle With the Devil'?

by headisspinning 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

We tuned into Nightline last night on the topic of Demonic Possession. It was pretty interesting. Then they got to the part where they interviewed David Mustaine from Megadeth.
    He was talking about his belief in Satan and how the Devil's biggest lie was convincing people he didn't exist.

As soon as he said that, my husband looked at me and said: "That guy sounds like he used to be a Jehovah's Witness!"

And sure enough... seconds later he spoke about being raised by a Jehovah's Witness mother.

Interesting!

Did anyone else watch it? I thought the part about the Agape Deliverance Church was very bizarre!
    Coughing out demons into wads of paper towel and bags? Um.... yeeeaaahhh....

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Oh so that's where Russ Martin got that from a day ago. His interpretation was hilarious.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I wonder if anyone can find a link?

• Girlie
  • headisspinning
    headisspinning

Thanks Girlie... I meant for the Russ Martin interpretation mentioned... but a link to Nightline is good too!

• Girlie
    Girlie

Sorry. But thanks for mentioning it. Will give me something to watch on the Internet tonight. :)

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Oh, no. He's a radio guy here in Dallas. It's a guy talk type of show. I have his show as an alarm clock and he was making fun of that Agape Deliverance Church. It was hilarious. But not everyone likes his type of humor though.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I heard that about Dave Mustaine years ago.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I just thought it was something that my husband recognized David Mustaine as a former Witness by his 'JW speak' about Satan.

I guess it gets so ingrained when you're raised that way from childhood that last vestiges still cling on long after you've abandoned that way of thinking.

• Violia
    Violia

bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit