God blamed satan?

by Joey Jo-Jo 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Ex-15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. NASB

Ex-32:14 Then the LORD relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened. NIV

Then the Lord turned from the evil which He had thought to do to His people. AMP

Is-30:26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted. NIV

1 Sam 16:23 Whenever the spirit from God came on Saul, David would take up his lyre and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him. NIV

And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him. KJV

God promotes slaughter NIV

num 31:17-18 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,

Deu 20:16-17 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [ a ] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you.

Josh 10:40-42 So Joshua subdued the whole region, including the hill country, the Negev, the western foothills and the mountain slopes, together with all their kings. He left no survivors. He totally destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. 41 Joshua subdued them from Kadesh Barnea to Gaza and from the whole region of Goshen to Gibeon. 42 All these kings and their lands Joshua conquered in one campaign, because the LORD, the God of Israel, fought for Israel.

Eze 9:4-8 4 and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.” 5 As I listened, he said to the others, “Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. 6 Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple. 7 Then he said to them, “Defile the temple and fill the courts with the slain. Go!” So they went out and began killing throughout the city. 8 While they were killing and I was left alone, I fell facedown, crying out, “Alas, Sovereign LORD! Are you going to destroy the entire remnant of Israel in this outpouring of your wrath on Jerusalem?”

Jud 14:9 Then the Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon him. He went down to Ashkelon, struck (slew in KJV) down thirty of their men, stripped them of everything and gave their clothes to those who had explained the riddle. Burning with anger, he returned to his father’s home.

1 Sam 18:10 The next day an evil [ a ] spirit from God came forcefully on Saul. He was prophesying in his house, while David was playing the lyre, as he usually did. Saul had a spear in his hand

So He isn't exactly the loving father, this explains him better.

Is45:6-7 6 so that from the rising of the sun

to the place of its setting
    people may know there is none besides me.
    I am the LORD, and there is no other.
    7 I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the LORD, do all these things.NIV

That men may know from the east and the rising of the sun and from the west and the setting of the sun that there is no God besides Me. I am the Lord, and no one else [is He].

7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace [national well-being] and I create [physical] [ a ] evil (calamity); I am the Lord, Who does all these things.AMP

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.KJV

So who needs satan anyway?!

Satan in aramaic means the advsersary, does mark 8:33 make more sense if you switch satan with adversary?

But when satan came into the scene, that is when constantine decided to add satan, god later became the loving father, this adds layer of problems, you see with the YHWH religion prior to the introduction of satan, the chosen Hebrew people were a particular warlike race that needed a fierce and angry god to lead them.

I have more to write, I'll continue tomorrow.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God also blames Satan for the problems he himself puts in your life, using Satan as a blind. This is so he can continue putting evil in your life, and not having to stop because Satan is supposedly doing it. Also, it is God (not Satan) that is responsible for the stagnation we see in life so much of the time, and that we never seem to be free of government tyranny. Of course, Satan gets the blame for it.

• Joliette
    Joliette

satan=scapegoat.

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

"There ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk," Tom Waits.

• designs
    designs

The idea of a Satan existing is just one of the big achilles heel points of Christianity.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

continuation.

We could say that their attrocities can be justified with such god, it doesnt matter how much blood was shed they can referred it to God's Holy will.

From all these scriptures I quoted, it reads like god has a good and a bad side, so who is satan?

Satan in aramaic means the adversary, at the time aramaic was being used ( 539 BCE – 70 CE ) satan appeared, in hebrew he has various definitions as the accuser or to obstruct oppose, very similar to aramaic, but traditionaly its traditionally translated as the accuser, or the adversary ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan)

Most Jewish scriptures mention that the portrayals of satan are entirely fabricated and they are contrary to all orginal Sumerian, Canaanite and Hebrew archives(Genesis of the Grail Kings page 99 Laurence Gardner).

So why did satan appear in the later scriptures? I posted some threads before about the inconsistencies of the bible, Jesus can not possibly be described the prophesiede Messiah of the old testament.

Could constantine be trying to make something of what god is not ?

When Jesus came to be Satan the devil was introduced as Jesus ramson that had to be paid to the devil, the old serpent referred to in revelations, but could this be completely fabricated I will never know. Could this old serpent be the serpent of Genesis? It does not say that it was a serpent at the time.

Thanks Judas!

Judas is the bad guy who caused Jesus to die, but what if Judas didnt do that? then we wouldn't have christianity.

Luk22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. - Satan blamed

Luk 22:37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’ [ a ] ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” - Apparently destiny only applies to Judas

Joh 13:27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. So Jesus told him, “What you are about to do, do quickly.”-satan blamed again

It seems like Jesus Judas and Satan were a team. In John's passage the devil actually worked to achieve their salvation.

In luke 22:3 Judas played a crucial role for Jesus to achieving sacrifice, Luke 22:37 is totally orchestrated, Judas actually receiving the cue from Jesus.

If the whole thing was prophesied and planned, for the salvation of mankind, then Judas was simply acting out a role, orchestrated for him by Jesus himself.

But wait theres more.

mat 26:49-50- Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him. 50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.” [ a ] Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him

mark 14:44-46 44 Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him and lead him away under guard.” 45 Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Rabbi!” and kissed him. 46 The men seized Jesus and arrested him.

luke 22:47-48 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” -mmmm so there was no kiss?

to be continued

• designs
    designs

Sympathy For The Devil- Rolling Stones 1968

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Sympathy for Satan? Two things.

1. I was present (in spirit) in 1992 when the "battle in heaven" took place between Michael and Satan. I was not yet combined with Jesus at the time. The battle in heaven was not with any kind of weapons, but with words. It was a court hearing. Satan was on trial to decide if he deserved death or not. Ultimately, all of Satan's "excuses" or legal claims blaming God for this and that were considered no lo contendre except for one thing. That is, for however much Satan may have been frustrated or blamed God for his final condition, there was no legal or moral basis to drag anyone else into the conflict. Satan decided, thus, out of spite, to cold-bloodily kill off billions of innocent mankind. What was that? On what basis could there ever be an excuse to kill others because of your personal issues. Satan wanted to commit suicide as a political message. Fine. But what excuse did he have to kill off any innocent people? None. There is no legal precedent for that and so Satan was condemned to death on that one count. He was shown to be politically and philosophically dishonest. If he felt God's rule was unjust or inadequate or oppressive. Fine. But why become a serial killer?

You can have a political view and stand up for that view, but what possible excuse is there to kill off innocent people, clearly to do damage. That is, Satan was a sore loser. So he was condemned to death, not because of any of his other issues, including blaming God for his condition, but because he took the low road of vindictiveness and took the opportunity to murder innocent people. What did mankind having life to do with Satan's issues with God?

2. But on the other hand, just so we didn't have to hear all of Satan's legal arguments, even if he had some legitimate claims or complaints, God basicall decided to kill of everybody. Everybody in heaven and earth. That was based on his legal right to limit the lifespan of creatures he granted life to. Just like dogs and cats and rabbits and trees have a lifespan. They are born, grow up, have several generations of offspring then get old and die. It's still glorious, but temporary. So God basically said, "Okay, everybody has to die at least once, just as part of the natural process." That was not discriminatory. That is, EVERYBODY from Jesus Christ/Michael, his chief son and only-begotten son, down to the worst human criminal had to die and experience death. Simple. Only, once experiencing death, if God wanted to, he could bring back whomever he wanted in the resurrection. That had nothing to do with death. So since everybody had to die anyway, whether sinful or not, the legal issues to condemn God for anything just didn't matter. Satan could fight for his life in the court of heaven all he wanted to, it wouldn't matter, he would have to die just like every other angel, including Jesus Christ. Except, Jesus Christ and the faithful angels would be coming back after death and Satan wouldn't.

It's the perfect solution. Satan's tyranny would end and his big mouth would be silenced at the same time. That was worth it to the faithful angels and Jesus Christ to suffer a short-lived death if it meant getting rid of Satan.

So ultimately, based on #2, God is pleading "no contest" to any of Satan's issues. All the complaints Satan wants to air against God were scheduled to be heard 2 days after Satan's demise. Of course, Satan will lose all his arguments by default because he will be a "no show." Satan is pissed off because God played the ultimate ace in the hole, which was the right to kill everybody for no reason, just to underscore the fact that LIFE is a gift and not a right.

But really, what is "death"? The horror of death or non-existence increases in severity with its length or permanence. Death is a horror is it is permanent. But how much of a sting is it if you come back after 3 minutes? That's the power of DEATH. It's not whether you die or not, but how long you are dead.

So on this level, God is not condemning or invalidating Satan's issues at all. He is exercising his right to kill off anyone after a certain time and he does that indiscriminately to ALL, every angel, including Jesus Christ. So what has Satan got to complain about?

In the end, as well, Satan's murderous act to kill lots of good people was invalidated by Christ's ransom sacrifice.

That's why Christ has little tolerance for humans who think they have some concept of fault with God, after all he has done to save them. So it's is a lack of appreciation for life itself that many will suffer permanent death. Without life, what is there?

The thing is, as I've observed by the way everything is going down, that those who are glad to reject God or condemn him or have sympathy for Satan have long ago been condemned themselves. It's one of those things that we can't explain. It's like a couple who have each decided to break up with the other but soon the focus is on who broke up with whom? Somehow that seems to matter. You'd think if one found out the other was unhappy then they'd feel better this was best for both. But who left whom first? It's like a woman who finds out her husband has cheated on her and she decides she wants a divorce and she's planning this big scene to throw the husband out of the house and tells him to pack his bags and when she gets there, she finds out he has long been packed up and gone and is on a cruise withi his new love. She didn't get a chance to say her peace and curse him out or get any kind of closure. He was already gone. Thus the satisfaction of leaving him is lost. She realizes she got dumped and not the other way around.

At one point Satan likely realizes he was never part of God's big plan in the first place. It's like sewing. In order to sew something you need so much thread. You have so much thread to pull together the garment. But you need some extra thread in the beginning to go through the machine in order to apply that thread. But in the end, after the garment is finished, all the extra thread is no longer needed and is thrown away. So that thread served it's purpose. It was needed to complete the garment but not be a part of it.

So it was all part of the BIG PLAN from the beginning. FREE MORAL AGENCY by its nature presumes some will make a choice not to serve God. It's like an airline that figures some people will cancel their flight, a certain percentage. So they overbook the flight so that it will still be full, anticipating a certain percentage will be no shows. So God did the same thing when he introduced free moral agency. He had to plan that some would not accept the offer of life and so he created more angels than he needed so in the end, after some rebel, he still has the right amount he intended.

So feel all the sympathy for Satan you wish. He is not unjustly being put to death because God puts everybody to death, good or bad, human or angel. Thus God cannot be accused of being "evil" or "unjust." It's only about his right to extend the gift of life to whom he wishes.

This way, God has the best of both worlds. He gets rid of Satan permanently, which is in the best interest of the good people in the world, AND, he doesn't have to listen to a single word Satan has to say in complaint since it won't make one bit of difference is he's right or wrong, justified or unjustified, if he's not alive. So you feel sympathy for Satan? Fine. God is claiming "no contest" to all that is claimed against him. But it will never get heard in court because Satan won't be alive to bring up these charges. Anyone who wants to have their case heard has to schedule court time after they've died.

So for those who want to blame God? Go ahead. Because likely he has long ago rejected YOU. Those who want to arrogantly say, "no thank-you" to God and the gift of life, will proudly plan to turn in their ticket to life and choose to die with their honor, only they will find they were never issued a life ticket in the first place. They can't find it. The envelope was empty from the beginning.

That's why Gehenna is represented as such a place of eternal torment. Those in it die without the satisfaction that they rejected God before he rejected them. Those who reject God are among those God didn't like in the first place. Those who join Satan were those whom God would have killed off anyway, so Satan gains very little or nothing at all.

WHO IS GOD? Who God is has to be based on the final result and thus the final goal. The final chapter are righteous people living in peace and happiness on the earth and in heaven. That's who God is. Getting there has been painful and expensive, but in the end, it will be worth it?

Think living forever on the earth will be boring? If you're materialistic it might be. But if you love people, it will be so much fun. Imagine say 4 billion people on the planet who are granted everlasting life? Before you can get bored to death, you'd want to meet everybody on the planet first, right? Alsol, you'd love to live in every house on the planet just once to experience what life is like in different places on the globe. So let's say, everybody is like the angels and are androgynous. No male or female. No new babies needed. Everyone is in an open "marriage" with each other, so you can have sex with anyone and everybody else. So let's say every other year you are assigned to live with a different person as a partner in some new place on the planet? On your alternative year, you can do whatever you wished to do. That process in the first cycle would take 8 billion years! That's how long it would take to fall in love with and have sex with everybody else on the planet. 8 billion years! So who has time to be bored? Life in the new order will make "The Happy Hooker" seem like a prison sentence. :>

Anyway, I've made a new pact with myself to keep my posts short, 200 words or less.

OOOPS!

LS

• still thinking
    still thinking

marking to read tomorrow...

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

guys, stop your foolish arguing, Lars was an eye witness to the battle in heaven, and he is Jesus, so case closed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit