Symptoms of Spiritual Weakness - Elder's Manual

by cappytan 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

More info re the Australia bethel fulltimestudent :

There was another drunk in charge during the 50s / 60s? named Bro Reece...

Then there was another rebel / drunk named John Wilson...

Now there is another indulger of the liquid named Viv Mouritz....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Madzay?!? Is he the owner, or related to the owner of MADZAY?!?!

http://www.madzay.com/?gclid=CPbY_9K16sQCFWgV7AodvDIAmQ

Also, what's all this "overly critical" talk? The WTBTS allows ZERO criticism. Mention a fact like," The current WT article contains mistakes.", or " The WTBTS has reverted back to previous points of view.", see where that gets you!!

DD

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Stuckinarut2an hour agoMore info re the Australia bethel fulltimestudent :
    There was another drunk in charge during the 50s / 60s? named Bro Reece...
    Then there was another rebel / drunk named John Wilson...
    Now there is another indulger of the liquid named Viv Mouritz...

Reece? I think I should know the name, but can't bring something definite to mind.

The tender-hearted Ted Jarasc was BO when I first came in the 'truth', and my constantly fading memory places John Wilson next on the throne. Perhaps Reece was late 1940's

Another story. Bro Mac (Macgillivray), was in charge of the branch in the 1940's when the witnesses were banned and the army took control of bethel. The bethel family were allowed to keep living there. So Bro. Mac goes out one night and imbibes too much spirit, and when he came back to the bethel home (in Strathfield in those days), he was, of course, challenged by the duty sentry. Mac, made the wrong reply - so the sentry shot him. Didn't kill him, though.

I never ever thought of John Wilson as hitting the bottle hard. Rather liked john, also. I could talk to him.

Viv Mourtiz. His return to Aust. was after my time.

----------------------------------

DATA-DOGan hour ago
    Madzay?!? Is he the owner, or related to the owner of MADZAY?!?!

Yup, same family, DD. The story is that this print shop was set up by the WTS/Knorr during WW2, they printed the WT in that print shop, located on one of the border lakes between the USA and Canada, and transported them to the USA (?) by speed boat.

After WW2 Dave's father bought the print shop from the WTS, and all these little bitsy things have supported them since. I think, if I recall clearly, that most of the family have pioneered on the proceeds.

Dave's end was sad.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

How come they forgot to put:

8) Masturbates a lot

9) Refuses to clean the KH on his book study's turn

10) Has no bible studies with new recruits

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I view it as spiritual weakness when I try using black magic against the congregation, or a boasting session, and nothing happens. Such as having the whole REJECT Astaroth Party cancelled for snow, along with having the planes snowed in so they can't go to Israel. Or even having a blackout when their boasting sessions are in progress.

It is even worse when I was studying the LIE-ble and its littera-trash. Or when I was in field circus, even doing the "pious-sneer for the day" crap and not enjoying it. Or when I was so afraid of Christmas that I hid an embellished sign in the heating duct to display the plain sign. Or when the best part of Led Zeppelin's IV album was when the tape got eaten--twice. That was a true lack of appreciation of spiritual things, let alone not being able to get a boasting session snowed out with black magic.

• blondie
    blondie
    As to searching "spiritually weak" try separating the words spiritually weak, no quotes
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    As to searching "spiritually weak" try separating the words spiritually weak, no quotes

Blondie's right. Search on WOL brings up a bunch of results.

• blondie
    blondie
    ‘Teach Them to Observe All the Things I Have Commanded You’ (‎11 occurrences)
    11 It saddens us, however, to notice that some of our fellow believers have grown spiritually weak and, as a result, have slowed down or stopped carrying out Christ’s command to make disciples.
    w04 7/1 pp. 14-19 - The Watchtower—2004
    Organized to Serve “the God of Peace” (‎7 occurrences)
    12:12) Why should elders help such spiritually weak ones, and how should they go about it?
    kr chap. 12 pp. 118-131 - God’s Kingdom Rules! (kr)
    Strengthen One Another (‎5 occurrences)
    14 The Bible exhorts us to “speak consolingly to the depressed souls, support the weak.” ... The expression “support the weak” has been rendered “to hold fast” or “to cleave to” the weak
    w04 5/1 pp. 18-22 - The Watchtower—2004
    Reproach (‎4 occurrences)
    The apostle Paul pointed to this when highlighting the right attitude toward spiritually weak ones: “We, though, who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those not strong, and not to be pleasing ourselves.
    it-2 pp. 779-780 - Insight, Volume 2
    An Open Invitation! (‎4 occurrences)
    There she lost contact with Jehovah’s people and became spiritually weak.
    w10 8/15 pp. 17-19 - The Watchtower—2010
    How Can You Help a “Prodigal” Child? (‎4 occurrences)
    17 What about a youth who is not disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation but who has become weak in faith? ... Of course, a measure of caution is needed, since a spiritually ailing youth could adversely influence other young ones.
    w01 10/1 pp. 13-18 - The Watchtower—2001
    “Months of my wife’s giving of herself drained her spiritually and emotionally,” says Daniel. ... She had become spiritually weak right under my nose, and I was too concerned about all my privileges even to notice it.”
    w12 8/15 pp. 25-29 - The Watchtower—2012
    No, for he kindly acknowledged about his followers: “The spirit, of course, is eager, but the flesh is weak.” ... For instance, do we consult our heavenly Father before making any decision that may affect us, our family, or our fellow believers spiritually?
    Idols, Meats Offered to (‎2 occurrences)
    Although “an idol is nothing,” it would not be advisable for a Christian to go to an idol temple to eat meat (even though his eating was not part of a religious ceremony), because he could thereby be giving spiritually weak observers the wrong impression.
    it-1 pp. 1172-1173 - Insight, Volume 1
    Mercy (‎2 occurrences)
    (Ro 12:8) The faith of certain members of the congregation may become weak, causing them to become spiritually ill, even to express doubts.
    it-2 pp. 375-379 - Insight, Volume 2
    Thessalonians, Letters to the (‎2 occurrences)
    (4:1, 2) The apostle, among other things, counseled them to abstain from fornication (4:3-8), love one another in fuller measure, work with their hands (4:9-12), stay awake spiritually (5:6-10), have regard for those working hard among them, “admonish the disorderly, speak consolingly to the depressed souls, support the weak, be long-suffering toward all,” and “abstain from every form of wickedness” (5:11-22).
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie: As to searching "spiritually weak" try separating the words spiritually weak, no quotes

I didn't say the expression didn't appear in WT literature, clearly it does.

I said it didn't appear in the Bible, not even the rNWT.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Gotta agree with Oubliette. Not a phrase found in the Bible. Just more made-up BS from Botchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit