• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Gone with the Wind...

or

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..

Not exactly interchangable. :)

• AGuest
    AGuest

"The Poisonwood Bible" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" are among my favorites, dear W'Sprout (the greatest of love and peace to you... and to you all!). If you are into great childrens' books, I recommend "The Ghost of Opalina" by Peggy Bacon... if you can find a copy. I am hoping for a reprint and should that occur, I will be on the "list" - a WONDERFUL book!

As a matter of fact, even if YOU don't read them, may I recommend ANY Roahl Dahl, Frances Hodges Burnett, Peggy Bacon, Judy Blume, E. L. Konisgberg, Laura Ingalls Wilder, or Lousia May Alcott book... just to name a few... for dear BabySprout?

Again, peace to you, dear one!

SA, on her own...

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

PostSecret

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

The Book of General Ignorance

• Quendi
    Quendi

mark

• watersprout
    watersprout

Wow! How many books! Lol

Thank you all soo much for the reccomendations... I will start compilling a list.

Shel I luuuuuvvvvvv Judy Blume! I have all the books I had as a child ready for Babysprout to read. She has always got her head in a book and has a pile of books oh her desk that she is slowly reading through.

Sizemik I had no idea Nicole Kidman wrote... I will definately have a look out for her stories.

Peace

• sizemik
    sizemik

watersprout . . . did I say Nicole? . . . I meant Fiona Kidman LOL . . . no I don't recommend Nicole as an author . . . or an actress for that matter . . . I can't even find Freud's theory in that slip!

Seriously though . . . Fiona writes a dam good short story . . . even some (not all) well suited to children.

• watersprout
    watersprout

LMAO Sizemik!

I sat here thinking ''nicole kidman an author, thats a first''... I wanted to read them to see what they would be like...

Fiona Kidman thank you... I would have spent many hours trying to find some Nicole Kidman lit. Lol

Peace

• Curtains
    Curtains

at the moment I am enjoying reading Greek tragedy. Making my way through Aeshcylus' Prometheus Bound, The suppliants, Seven against Thebes, The Persians. All four plays are together in a slim Penguin Classics book. I realy enjoyed reading the translators foreword too.

Another is Seamus Heaney's The Burial at Thebes. this is another slim play and has as its heroine a woman (Antigone) who defies the King to bury her brother.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh Watersprout, I do love books! Some many books and so little time.... Many of mine are animal and specifically horse related so if you're not into horses they may not interest you that much. "Shy Boy" and "Beautiful Jim Key" are definitely interesting though.

1) "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey

2) "First Things First" by Stephen Covey

3) "When Elephants Weep: The Emotional Lives of Animals" by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson and Susan McCarthy

4) "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls

5) "Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability" by David Holmgren

6) "Permaculture: A Designer's Manual" by Bill Mollison

7) "The One Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming" by Masanobu Fukuoka

8) "Shy Boy: The Horse That Came In From the Wild" by Monty Roberts

9) "The Soul of a Horse" by Joe Camp

10) "Beautiful Jim Key: The Lost History of the World's Smartest Horse" by Mim Eichler Rivas

11) "Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World" by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

As mentioned on another thread: "(Buying a lot of) books"; "Christian Book Distributors"

= "have sales often", "Amazon (online)" = "some under $12 or $8."

You may want to start by going to "the Half Price Book Store", each one has basic supplies,

and unique books from local resale stock. A well stocked study for your home could be done for around $550,

through thriftful spending. An endowed theological library can be arranged at about $1,200.

Whatever your decisions, start with two books in every pertinent subject matter of your study.

If you aren't sure, then use a public library, or a "Barns & Noble" to browse topics until your sure

of the course to take. If your really in uncharted waters, then just focus on one area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit