Need Help In St. Louis Mo, USA

by jst2laws 2 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I need help for a friend. He is in the Midwest and very much alone.

I flew to ST Louis Missouri last summer to visit. He was at Lambert Airport to meet me. We drove around a while talking and ended up walking along the Missouri River in St Charles for hours. He says he has no one to talk to but me. I have told him there must be a network of X’s in his area but he has no idea of how to contact them.

He is not comfortable with the ‘internet thang’ but would like to find local friends he can talk to. With a history as a heavy in his area but now a suspected ‘apostate’, not yet DF’d and with much to loose family wise he must be cautious.

Is there anyone near who could be of support?

Jst2laws

• karen7680
    karen7680

I am a little bit closer and I would be glad to be any support I can. I live in Kansas City ... about a four drive from St. Louis. I have met some other ex-JWs in my area and sometimes we connect and do things. Tell him to email if he wants to connect or something. [email protected]

Karen

-------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Ex-JW Get Together! Visit http://www.exjw.info for more details.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Karen,
    Thanks for the response. I checked your Web site and you say:

"The lifesaver for me and many others was finding a place to meet others that have gone through the same turmoil when leaving the witnesses."

This is exactly what he is going through. I only wish you were right there in the St. Louis area. I will pass on your E-mail and Web site, but what he needs most is really nearby friends he could meet with more directly.

Glad to see you are there for others. Keep up the good work.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit