David Splane's Eternal Torment

by Damn The Watchtower 20 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I hope for the younger generation of Witnesses who have been exposed to things unheard of in my day and yet continue on.

Well, we can always hope - and there is nothing wrong with that.

My problem is that I have observed them directly for about 50 years now (my parents joined in 1962 when I was a 13 year old kid) and I have never seen them make a reasonable change to liberalize their hyper-controlling cult ways.

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello No Room For George,

There is no Raymond Franz on the Governing Body. I do not have enough personal knowledge to say otherwise. That does not mean though that all on the Governing Body are without common sense. Those that do must prevail or our young ones are lost.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The younger generation will get it worse why is there any reason to believe otherwise? (I'd really like one, btw it would bring me encouragement)

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The younger generation will get it worse why is there any reason to believe otherwise?

The real hope I see is that quickly increasing numbers of the younger generation are voting themselves out of it with their feet.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The real hope I see is that quickly increasing numbers of the younger generation are voting themselves out of it with their feet.

Yes, that's the EX JW's younger generation. This last DC was eye opening for me. I used to have hope for the tikes, but now I'd say that it can only be tears that await the ones that choose to stay in.

-Sab

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

While it may appear that the Watchtower leadership moves as a block it does not believe as a block. It will crack and when it does a true hellfire will occur at Bethel.

Hello DTW

How are you ? Have you read Obadiah ?

1. The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah concerning Edom: We have heard tidings from Jehovah, and an ambassador is sent among the nations, saying,

Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.

2. Behold, I have made thee small among the nations: thou art greatly despised.

3. The pride of thy heart hath deceived thee, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?

4. Though thou mount on high as the eagle, and though thy nest be set among the stars, I will bring thee down from thence, saith Jehovah.

5. If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night (how art thou cut off!), would they not steal only till they had enough? if grape-gatherers came to thee, would they not leave some gleaning grapes?

6. How are the things of Esau searched! how are his hidden treasures sought out!

7. All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee on thy way, even to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, and prevailed against thee; they that eat thy bread lay a snare under thee: there is no understanding in him.

8. Shall I not in that day, saith Jehovah, destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau?

9. And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one may be cut off from the mount of Esau by slaughter.

10. For the violence done to thy brother Jacob, shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.

Let you consider that the Edom = Esau = the GB

and "thy brother Jacob" are the simply anointed ones who don't "worship" the GB .

The question is , what do you understand Obadiah is saying ?

wantingtruth

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How are you ? Have you read Obadiah ?

Are you usually this good at starting conversations?

-Sab

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Are you usually this good at starting conversations?

No, I am not good at starting conversations

english is not mine

for this reason I am only inviting men (an specially Christians) to think... to God's word

wantingtruth

• designs
    designs

Best thing is for the Governing Body to be themselves just like most Preachers and Televangelists the best way to help people see what these guys are all about is to let them speak.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The main reason there will be no mass crisis of conscience, thus no reform, among JW leadership is that these men are haughty. They unflinchingly refer to themselves as "glorious ones" and "princes" over the earth. They demand honor (as opposed to earning it). And they get really, really pissed off when they are disrespected by other dubs - especially when they are called out on their shortcomings.

That's why worst pain you can inflict on an elder is treat him as if his opinion has no weight and his position is meaningless. They just hate that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit