priests in the news why not JWs?

by target 14 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

The big headlines in the Phoenix paper are about the priests in Tucson. "Church hid abuse, victims say". It was covered over and the priests were moved around and promoted. Now the Diocese settled the suit for $15 Mil. Now my question is, I sent them the press releases from Silentlambs and nothing was printed about that. Why not? They like printing that kind of stuff about the Catholic church and the Mormons here. Why are they ignoring the scandal about the JWs? None of the other newspapers I sent it to printed it either. Do they all employ JWs or something? Maybe I should send it to the "Enquirer". They will print anything.

Target

• Celia
    Celia

I've had the same thoughts.
    I guess the JW sect is so minuscule, they ignore it.
    The Catholic Church is so big and so wide spread, this is news...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Theres Billions of catholics

Only millions of jws

Big difference.
    plm

• ISP
    ISP

IMO the catholic situation is worse in that the church appointed the priest often knowing his past...and moved him elsewhere when he got in trouble etc. The WTS has its rules wrong but doesn't send its elders elsewhere when they are found out.

ISP

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hey, don't forget, it took years and years to get the media to open it's eyes about the Catholic Church. Keep pressuring and keep supporting Bill Bowens Silentlambs. Sooner or later, they will see that the JWs are as corrupt as the Catholics and will start exposing them too.

Personally, I feel these scum bags have hidden behind misguided scripture and religion too damn long!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• proplog2
    proplog2

There are obviously bigger fish to fry than JW's.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I am E-mailing, everyday, a newspaper story I got off of DNC. That is Nicalou's (sp?) web site.

I started yesterday, by e-mailing Bill O'Reilly. He is Catholic. If nothing else, maybe it will make him mad that the JW's are not in the news and Catholics are!

I E-mailed the story to the "Fatih and Values" editor of the Columbus Dispatch.

I will continue to bombard them with E-mail until someone talks about it. Or I get arrested for cyber-harrassment!

• detective
    detective

It's all over the news here in Boston. Every day another story. The news outlets are completely frenzied on the archdiosese cover-ups. It seems unlikely that they would shift focus at this point to a much smaller sect. The best bet to get in the papers here is to find a columnist with conservative or pro-Catholic leanings and get word to them. Even then, it'd probably look to much like trying to shift focus to save face so I doubt there would any takers in these parts at the moment.

Though I hate to say this, it's all about the spin you put on your argument. In my opinion, the key factor in getting the public's attention and outrage is to focus on the fact that known pedophiles are being sent to their doors. Of course, not every witness is a pedophile but you'd have to introduce the concept of "is this person at my door a known or alleged pedophile" into the public's awareness.

It might be difficult to get the media attention that the issue deserves right now, especially in areas where Catholic pedophilia scandal is getting the exposure. However, I still think it's good to keep trying regardless.

• HenryP
    HenryP

Maybe the reason is that JWs don't really hide child abusers in the whole sense of the word. Catholics are famous for just moving priests that are child abusers from church to church. JWs will hold a judicial committe against the child abuser and disfellowship him if necessary.

• blondie
    blondie

The elder bodies are also supposed to send a letter to the confessed pedophile's new congregation notifying the BOE of this brother's problem. That is not always done and even if it is, only the BOE and their families know to protect their children. What about the other children in the congregation? What does the BOE do, assign a brother to dog him wherever he goes? Caution the pedophile not to spend time with children and kindly caution the pedophile if he forgets!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit