Trouble in Paradise

by Kenneson 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Watchtower publications often portray the paradise earth with idyllic pictures of
    beast and beast and man and beast in perfect harmony. However, I am more inclined
    to agree with Woody Allen who said: "The lion and the calf shall lie down together
    but the calf won't get much sleep."

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Another Watchtower CON!!

If they ever thought about what they were told JW's might realise how they are being duped.

Always this image is portrayed of a paradise with mountains and streams, little children playing with lions, mum gathering fruit off the trees and dad building his own log cabin.

Yet, even using the WT scenario, Armageddon was to come and destroy everyone but the dubs, and even some of them were for the chop! That means you'd have about 5-6 million survivors. Let say there were as many as 10 million. THey would be speread all over the world, which means they would be a bit thin on the ground, to say the least.

And what have they survived into? A world in tatters (remember the "artists illustrations in the WT and Awake?), buildings destroyed with rubble everywhere. Bodies in the streets, (what's the latest world population stand at - 600 billion?), so there would be a hell of a lot of digging to do, even after the birds had their fill. Then you have to wonder how will they get around, no fuel, petrol (gas) stations, no electricity, water, gas, sewage etc. Who would set about manning these utilities? Most JW's have only basic eduation due to their desire to pioneer before the end, which means if there's any windows still intact they will sparkle, but as for everything else there going to have problems.

The more you think about it, the more problems you can see. But remember nothing of this is ever dicussed, only the picture of paradise which even the WT says will take 1,000 years to achieve!

• hippikon
    hippikon

That verse always had me wondering since the predator and victim scenario is a theme that runs through out nature – From amoeba, insects, reptiles, mammals and fish – So at what level does it apply - Only mammals? Mammals & reptiles? Will fleas & mosquitoes start sucking flowers? Will the preying mantis start attacking fast moving leaves? Where will tape worms live? Paradise will be a very bazaar place indeed!

• hippikon
    hippikon

PS: If god wont need tape worms anymore (Like he doesn’t need dinosaurs anymore or the millions of other extinct species) why did he make them in the first place? It would seem his creation is quite expendable?

• ISP
    ISP

Yep pure garbage...predatory carnivores will suddenly start eating grass when they don't even have the right teeth to do it!

ISP

• Patriot
    Patriot

world pop. is a little over 6 billion not 600 billion...

• seedy3
    seedy3

As I got a little bit older (being raised in the "Truth") nad I started doing more and more research in the area of how nature really works. It came to me that this idea that all creatures could not get along as the WTS has put on. I mean think about it. The animals (herbavors) would start to over populate and end up eating them selved into starvation, if there were no controls in place to keep their populations down, also you would now have the carnivors eating plants too. Insects would take over the world if they were not eaten by their preditors. The whole of nature would be in an upset. The answer I got when I questioned was the typical Jdud answer, "God would make the proper arangements to see all is right in nature"................. Well I thought it was doing pretty good as it is, why would God change things, it never made sence to me at all.

Seedy

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I don't know why after 48 years I still remember imagining myself sliding down the neck of a giraffe. And the idea of playing with wild animals, once dangerous but now tame, was fascinating to me as a child. But after having taken my children to a number of petting zoos over the years, I'm not sure I could stand the stench of the New Order as described by the WTS.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well there wouldn't be enough room in the backyard at Beth-Sarim!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Sorry Patriot,

I went to the "Watchtower School of Numbers & Statistics"

Besides, whats a billion or two between freinds!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit