Got my own wine kit from a local brew shop...

by sinis 33 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Thanks. I actually stopped stirring after you mentione the Co2 issue. So I really only it stirred it maybe twice. I did smell some white wine we had from the store and it has the same smell so maybe its all good? Racked to a carboy last night, that was interesting. Ended up using three painters 5 gallon socks (sterilized) to strain the pulp, etc out. I actually had quite a bit. The solution in the carboy is already starting to seperate, but the liquid is a tanish color kind of like murky water... hmmm. Oh well, we will see where this goes. Need to get some labels for my brew once it is ready!!! Thanks again!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

How's it going Sinis?

*** Bites side out of ice shotglass after a limoncello***

• sinis
    sinis

Seems to be going ok. Transfered to a carboy will let sit for ~4 weeks. I noticed that I have about 1" of crap at the bottom, and the wine has turned to a light peach color.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I've worked as a professional brewer (beer). The most important lesson learned from this is to be fastidiously clean. Use iodine and use it well. If you can get your hands on some paracetic acid, use that as well in your carboys/bottles/ etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit