Cheering up sad souls at the Kingdom Hall

by compound complex 12 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm glad I could help. I speak as a former depressed soul and speak for others I knew. I always appreciated the elders's efforts to comfort me and I always felt better when they left. For a day or two. I made sure to tell them that I understood the sacrifices they made to stop over. They had families, jobs, meetings and responsiblities too. I would set the selfish ones straight--but you know how that goes. I had the advantage of really good elders and no horror stories. The problem wasn't them.

NC

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Give them full hugs some need a kiss too. Get a half hearted I'm good tell them look me in the eyes and say that then ask what's up do you need to talk.

We must use scriptures when giving encouragement.

James 3:16,17 "16 Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. 17 Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, for it comes down from the Father of the [celestial] lights, and with him there is not a variation of the turning of the shadow." So anything that brings joy to their hearts is Jehovah reminding them he loves them. Tell them to splurge on themselves is a gift of the happy God. Fathers give their children presents so does Jehovah & his Son. Remind them behaving like a Christian is service to God

Remind ones Jehovah & Jesus is the only one who knows how hard they try and they see. When ones feel bad about service tell them they did their best and to remember it's supposed to be a great crowd no man was able to number so don't get hung up on the numbers remember Jehovah and Jesus know their motives.

2 Cor 8:12 "For if the readiness is there first, it is especially acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what a person does not have."

Gal 6:3,4 "3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind. 4 But let each one prove what his own work is, and then he will have cause for exultation in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. 5 For each one will carry his own load."

1 John 3:19-22 19 By this we shall know that we originate with the truth, and we shall assure our hearts before him 20 as regards whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things. 21 Beloved ones, if [our] hearts do not condemn [us], we have freeness of speech toward God; 22 and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we are observing his commandments and are doing the things that are pleasing in his eyes.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Dealing with "sad souls" at the KH is an ever changing minefield, fount with many dangers.

First; because of the unique characteristics of each Congo. and it's effects as a whole,

Second; the personality type/position of authority/goals of individuals helping combination, an

Third; the person being helped, with their; needs, beliefs, and current state of mind interplay.

The possible outcomes are staggering, even if you've known these ones for years or for life.

PS: So if your not a certified biblical counselor, or get it wrong; every one gets hurt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit