would you take blood?

by master chief 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

I saw that AIDS by transfusion article and was going to post it. How many U.S. Witnesses have died in the last three years, during which time ONE person has gotten infected in the U.S.? Mind you, while his life is much less pleasant, he is still alive and thanks to modern medicine may live for many years.

Isn't it interesting that we know about this event, even the location and name of the individual. We don't even get statistics from the Watchtower about how many people they needlessly kill by their deception.

Bodhisattva

P.S. No. 6 - Haven't seen you before, so welcome to the forum. I recently got The Prisoner DVD mega set and will probably watch the last episode tonight. No. 2 is unmutual!

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

.Yes i would take a transfusion if it was needed!.........E-man I have eaten blood sausage before and i find it quite tasty but, I am wondering what is black pudding?.................Jedd

• Kep
    Kep

If my life was on the line, I would take it.
    I've got so much discovering to do...

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

Haven't read the whole thread, but - yes, absolutely, I would take blood to save my life or the lives of anyone who I had say-so over in a medical situation.

Now........if this isn't what this thread is about......I bow out blushing - which shows I have blood.

waiting

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I have spent countless hours studying this issue. I would prefer to avoid the use of blood in favor of non-blood alternatives. If my physician advised me that my condition required the use of blood products, I would consent with a request for a conservative use of these products. I wouldn't have any concern about whether the blood product I needed happened to be on Watchtower's list of permitted blood products or not. Their list is in a perpetual state of flux and there is no rational basis for their determination of which blood products are permitted or forbidden.

Lee

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I am a worldly person, always have been, always will be. I know I can't understand the issue.

I also have a medical background, so I believe, and have been trained that, blood should be transfused only when no other option remains and should treated with great respect. I have a great desire to live, so I would gladly accept a blood transfusion if necessary to save my life. Wouldn't any other decision be suicide?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Yup, in one sec if I had to. I'm sure I would still have some guilt here and there, but that's brainwashing for you.

My mother once said, "I don't care what they say. I'll try not to take blood, but if they tell me that that is the only option if your life is in danger, you're having blood."

My mom's the best.:):):):):):)

ashi

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Only in sausage or pudding.

Slipnslidemaster: "Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty."
    - Britney Spears

• Wickid
    Wickid

Actually had to make that decision for myself a few years ago. I was facing brain surgery when my JW father stepped up and and boldly informed my surgeon that there would be no blood transfusions. I was 30 at the time. The surgeon said: "well okay, if that's your wish, I'll honor it. But you should know that you have an artery as big as my thumb near the area I'll be cutting. If I accidentally knick it, there's a good chance you will bleed to death." After some very objective research and serious soul-searching, I was able to secretly get the 8x10 "no blood" decal removed from the outside of my medical file without my family knowing about it. Just to be sure, I made my best friend, who is an attorney, responsible for my healthcare decisions, and had the Advanced Directive form removed from my chart as well. In the surgery prep area I was acosted by an incredibly zealous JW scrub nurse who said she had seen my "no blood" forms, and by golly, she was on my side and was going to make sure I didn't get any of that evil stuff. Like a trooper, my pal stepped up and took care if it before she could finish her sentence as I was being wheeled off. I never had to say a word, and I never had to disappoint my family with the news of reversing my decision. Everything went fine, and no transfusion was necessary, but that is such a hard decision to make after a lifetime of indoctrination. I just couldn't believe that the God I serve would value blood more than the life it could save.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

This is a potentially useful and important story for several reasons. We would like permission to use the story. If you consent, please email the story to us at: [email protected]

Thanks,

Lee

Wickid wrote:

Actually had to make that decision for myself a few years ago. I was facing brain surgery when my JW father stepped up and and boldly informed my surgeon that there would be no blood transfusions. I was 30 at the time. The surgeon said: "well okay, if that's your wish, I'll honor it. But you should know that you have an artery as big as my thumb near the area I'll be cutting. If I accidentally knick it, there's a good chance you will bleed to death." After some very objective research and serious soul-searching, I was able to secretly get the 8x10 "no blood" decal removed from the outside of my medical file without my family knowing about it. Just to be sure, I made my best friend, who is an attorney, responsible for my healthcare decisions, and had the Advanced Directive form removed from my chart as well. In the surgery prep area I was acosted by an incredibly zealous JW scrub nurse who said she had seen my "no blood" forms, and by golly, she was on my side and was going to make sure I didn't get any of that evil stuff. Like a trooper, my pal stepped up and took care if it before she could finish her sentence as I was being wheeled off. I never had to say a word, and I never had to disappoint my family with the news of reversing my decision. Everything went fine, and no transfusion was necessary, but that is such a hard decision to make after a lifetime of indoctrination. I just couldn't believe that the God I serve would value blood more than the life it could save.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit