Can Un-baptized Be Apostates?

by Patty Cake 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Patty Cake
    Patty Cake

What is the currnent thought on this? Is the Bethelite definition different now from the one in the congregations?

I'm wondering because my Bethelite brother suddenly was cold/ stopped talking to me a couple of years ago - after years of communication. I was born in, never baptized. Was there a change from what I understand apostate means, or did he just think I was hopeless cause/ unbeliever after all these years and kinda give up on me?

Thanks,

PC

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nope. Not baptized, not apostate.

You could just be an evil, terrible, wicked and very bad association.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Technically, no. But that doesn't stop die-hard witnesses from treating those they think "know better" like garbage.

Sounds like what is happening in your case.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

the term is "opposer", if you sometimes say what you think. apostates were all baptized in the JW religion.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Nope the term we're called is "Super Apostate", we're so apostate we don't even follow the normal rules in order to become an apostate.

I clearly mention in my first video I was never baptized as a witness but I have been referred to as an apostate by everyone from someone serious in their studies as a JW to people in Bethel. I think they're stepping up their game, you can technically be termed an apostate if you weren't baptized, you just have to create something incredibly damning to their religion that you threaten them so they feel the need to stick a label on you to try and undo some of your work.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

No, just bad association.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I agree with J.Hofer...not apostate, but definitely an "opposer".

• godrulz
    godrulz

If guys from Sodom and G. are going to be resurrected (newer teaching), will I as a non-JW opposer who loves God but cannot swallow WT lies and errors also be raised or will I remain annihilated or get killed before Armageddon? Wicked people who hated God might get a second chance, but I might not because I could not see WT views in the Bible?

This is the basis, not WT Pharisaical rules: I Jn. 5:11-13 (cf. Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36).

Technically, an apostate is someone who falls away from truth (true follower of a religion). Someone who was a fake/fraud in the religion or opposer of it is simply a false believer/teacher, not an apostate. I am not an apostate from Islam if I have never been one (just because I am Christian). Apostates are former followers, not those who oppose or reject a religion without ever being part of it. WT may define it in an arbitrary way for their purposes, but let's stick with the biblical definition.

• Patty Cake
    Patty Cake

Thanks everyone :) I suppose that opening my mouth as much as I did over the years may not have been the best idea to be able to keep in touch with him - probably took it's toll.

@Tuesday - ROTFLMAO!!! "Super Apostate" - I love that! With my superpowers I can now get that black cape that I've always dreamed about and no one can make fun of me :)

PC

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    @Tuesday - ROTFLMAO!!! "Super Apostate" - I love that! With my superpowers I can now get that black cape that I've always dreamed about and no one can make fun of me :)

I say you just get tons of Vast Apostate Army stuff and put it everywhere :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit