12 year old ministerial servant!

by stillin 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

just kidding...

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

well, I know one guy that was 15 years old, he worked at the magazine counter. He was not MS at that time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It wouldn't surprise me any. Not when they are hounding children to get baptized as young as age 6.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There have been those in the 1970's who were as young as 17 in some cases. I just turned 19 when I was appointed. It's very rare, but it still happens. Being a Regular Pioneer is a must.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i know several in latin america who were MS at the age of 16. that is pretty common there. also "elders" younger than 24 years...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Good point j hover. They do tend to be younger in Latin America and E Europe.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My uncle was an overseer at 17. He turned down a scholarsihp to Julliard b/c of the borg. There was also this hush-hush secret that Bethel offered him cash to take over a very troubled congregation in NJ.

My brother was worshipped at fifteen b/c he was a male and could read.

It is very different for female children. We are disposable, constantly told we are nothing but a hank of hair and bag of bones. He had naughty fun with just that. I would cry so hard at the unfairness. When I did ministerial school, they never could say a single positive thing. How about you are only fourteen and trying so hard, using valuable time, forsaking classes, and so nervous you are nauseous.

The Witnesses never understand that children are not little adults. Brains scans prove conclusively that teenagers lack brain structure development. Their idiotic actions make perfect sense for the limitations of their brains. Shakespeare said it best in Romeo and Juliet. You got my attention b/c it was plausible.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my time we were told that age 18 was the minimum... One candidate was just that and I objected, saying that another year or two would only improve him and he was rather silly and 'lacked seriousness' which was true...But he was the overseers son and a pioneer so I was overruled, as usual. Last I heard he was still going strong though. I am sure that I have heard experiences of young boys being appointed in third world counties and in Eastern Europe.

Back in the day, prior to 1971, congo's could use anyone deemed capable as a "servant"..I was magazine servant in mid teens and read the WT at meetings while a schoolboy . Then the new arrangement came in....

• stillin
    stillin

it seems contradictory that a kid can make a solemn vow and dedicate his entire life to being a Witness, but you can't consider him mature enough to call him a "ministerial servant" while he does the chores.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I know of one appointed at 14 in the late 60s or early 70s. English cong where the Branch/CO deleted most of all the appointed men there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit