Feeling Better

by snowbird 36 Replies latest jw friends

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Snowbird~ glad you are feeling better. It sure hurts sometimes, doesn't it? Glad you are felling better

• snowbird
    snowbird

Three times for emphasis ...

Love.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Proverbs 18:14 A healthy spirit conquers adversity,
    but what can you do when the spirit is crushed?

Luke 5:31-32 Jesus heard about it and spoke up, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I'm here inviting outsiders, not insiders—an invitation to a changed life, changed inside and out."

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mark 2:17 Jesus, overhearing, shot back, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I'm here inviting the sin-sick, not the spiritually-fit."

Matthew 9:12-13 Jesus, overhearing, shot back, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? Go figure out what this Scripture means: 'I'm after mercy, not religion.' I'm here to invite outsiders, not coddle insiders."

All citations are from The Message Bible.

Thanks, Art, for your pointing out these passages.

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

Dear sweet lady,, a few words about things that have helped me on my journey into living ... thriving :D

~ once a week, whether it's a bath w/ candles, or a chocolate bar,, do something JUST FOR YOU

~ take a walk once a day,,, if you're not well, then sit out on the porch for 15 mins, rain or shine

~ volunteer -- 15 mins, 2 hours, whatever

~ proper breathing techniques and meditation (leaving the details to u)

I know you may know this stuff, but thought I'd pass it on .. can't take meds, they make me more depressed, and these are a few of the methods I found really helped.

Also, COOKING is sooooo good for the soul, and I know you've got that covered.

tal

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Tal.

I'm trying all of the things you listed.

The joy of cooking is even returning.

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

The joy of cooking is even returning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit