Freedom From the Borg!!!

by Mad Sweeney 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How does it feel to be free from the Watchtower? While you were in did you realize you were enslaved and/or mind-controlled? Now that you are out and looking back, what are your thoughts about the mind control you were under when you were in?

These are some of the thoughts that will be discussed on this Saturday's Cult Free Radio show. On the fourth of July, Independence Day, I interviewed four people who used to be members of the Jehovah's Witness cult. I will air those interviews on the show and will discuss a bit about what freedom from the Borg means to me. I'll also pull some of the more inspiring and insightful comments from this thread (you'll remain anonymous) and talk about them on the show.

Add your thoughts here, listen in to the show, and add your thoughts on the social stream there, too. Or put your ideas on the Cult Free Radio Facebook page's Wall. (also, don't forget to "Like" the page and "Friend" me)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cult-Free-Radio/230771686936547?sk=app_196506863720166

http://www.ustream.tv/user/MadSweeney/videos

I hope this thread will become a good, positive discussion of freedom and independence - two things the Borg villifies - so that when people come here and read it, and if they listen to CFR, they will realize that there is true happiness OUTSIDE of the Borg and that freedom doesn't equate to a debauched life of sin.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey MadS - I was able to listen to your segment on the DC review. I like the way you formatted the program. It is clean and easy to follow and listen to.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks. I appreciate the props. The format of monologue-then-interview(s) really happened organically - I didn't plan it ahead of time, but I like how the shows have been turning out. I just went back and listened to the very first one again. I feel like CFR has come a long way in just six installments.

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

G'day MS Ive enjoyed the "bits" of your show Ive had the chance to listen to, but I was just wondering if you ae going to make the shows downloadable. Dont get alot of time on the computer to listen, but if I can put it on my Ipod i can listen to you at work. Have been able to listen to six screens confrence call , and all so Healing EXJW, who can be downloaded from Itunes podcasts which is real handy. Keep up the good work, am directing Exs and some who some who like to tell Jws the 'truth about the truth' to these broadcasts. FF

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

What? No audio on your preview for the 7/9 program? All the others are working fine...

JV

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I just discovered that, too, JuanViejo2. Don't know what happened to the audio on the preview, but since the show is tomorrow I see little sense in redoing it at this point.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Fadinfast, I plan to at some point. In the meantime I can send the audio to you as email attachment if you want to PM me your address.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Just five hours from air time!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Oh, and I finally got the promo working, for what its worth at this late hour.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Bump for Mad Sweeney!

The radio show is on in about two hours. 10 PM Eastern Time (8Pm for those of us on the OTHER coast ). Cya there...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit