Grandfather died

by Cygnus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'd like to offer my condolances also. I'm sorry you lost your grandfather.

Avoid the entire thing. Have a graveside service or find a neutral location to have the service. Don't go to the kingdumb hall. It's not worth the aggrevation in this time of grief. You will end up focusing on things that aren't worth focusing on, instead of your grandfather.

Slipnslidemaster: "Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty."
    - Britney Spears

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

So sorry to hear that you grandfather has passed away. You need to make sure you get a really good speaker at the funeral. When my step-dad died, I felt we were sitting at the Kingdom Hall and listening to a talk, I mean the guy neve even got my name right. I was sitting in the front pew and he called me Debbie, that is not my name, and I sat there and whispered to my husband and brother, I can't believe he just called me Debbie, that's not my name, the brother looked at me and said what is your name, then I told him and he repeated my proper name. This man never knew anything about me, all he knew I guess was what he was told by the rest of the family, (probably that she left the org.) so they most likely gossiped behind my back. What I am getting at is just make sure you pick someone who knows what they are doing, and does the right thing and reflects on your grandfathers life and not giving a sermon so-to-speak. Because of this I will never attend a witness furneral again. People who I had not seen in a long time, who I thought never knew I had left the org. already knew, and shunned me, so how did they find out. Oh I wonder how (gossip maybe) some of these people where family members.

• ladonna
    ladonna

(((((((Cygnus))))))))))

I am so sorry you lost your grandfather. It is always a deep loss when a grandparent dies.
    I really hope that you can get a service that you would like for him; one that will allow you to close a chapter with a sense of dignity that is seldom allowed us XJW's.

Kindest thoughts,and deep sympathy,
    Ana

• cynicus
    cynicus

Cyg, sorry for your loss.

FWIW my elder-dad did a lot of funeral talks, some with Bethel-brass around. He always refused to use the outline. Same for wedding talks, memorial talk, and his Sunday public talks. Still he had a busy talk schedule, about three Sundays out of four. Yet for some reason he never did CA or DA talks... Not sure whether such liberalism would be acceptable State-side as well, but I'm pretty sure there's no rule.

---
    Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Debbie, I'm was sorry to read your experience, but I think that even a "worldly" person would know how to give a better funeral talk then a dub would. A "worldly" person would "know" the person better then a dub would.

Slipnslidemaster:"Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."
    - David Hasselhoff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit