BBC Blog: Can religious teachings prove evolution to be true?

by mummatron 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mummatron
    mummatron

An interesting and informative read, covering some recent research...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wondermonkey/2011/07/faith-versus-science-does-crea.shtml

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks hunny! x

• TDaze
    TDaze

PZ Myers laughed his ass off. I have to say I too find it hilarious that creationists are finally getting their own bullshit forced back down their own throats.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, haven't looked at the link yet, but...

It's pretty obvious to anyone who's studied past religions, where the present-day religions have gotten much of their mythology...

In other words - and I've said this before...

Religion itself EVOLVED...

And now I'm off to look at the link!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I love it!!!

About certain gaps in the fossil records - since paleontologists are constantly searching for new fossils, I suspect that those gaps will eventually be filled - or better light will be shed on the ancestral bridging of species of current animals...

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Well said Zid....and they can say its "NOOOOOOOO Light".........touche JWs! hahaha

• cantleave
    cantleave

Excellent. I hate that term "creation science" - it gives tacit credibilty to myths and fairy tales.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

lol, amusing article. That's the problem with "creation science". It's an a priori assumption that looks for facts to fit that assumption. Now that the methodology has lead to facts that don't agree with the assumption they have to either say that the methodology was wrong, or just re-interpret the data in some way to fit what they already believe. It's hard to call that science. It's irrelevant though, because 99.9% of those that believe in creation myths don't do so because they are science majors, they do it because it's culturally relevant for them. So these findings will only matter to a very very small group of creationists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit