If the Watchtower stopped their cultic ways...

by Mickey mouse 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

...places like this would be far quieter. Why can't they see that they are raking hot coals into their bosom by trying to keep people prisoner?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats never going to happen..The WBT$/JW mindset is based on..

WBT$/JW`s VS everyone else on the Planet..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

If you could just walk away without any consequence, there would be no need for sites like this!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Remember the words in Galatians 6: 6-10

"Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap; 8 because he who is sowing with a view to his flesh will reap corruption from his flesh, but he who is sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit. 9 So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due season we shall reap if we do not tire out."

I believe these words and someday they will prove true. I only pray to be alive to see the day when all bloodguilty religions will have to face the judgement of the EVIL SLAVE "the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be."

In the meantime "let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related in the faith."

• jam
    jam

I have tought about this same subject. Would the KH

overflow with ex-members, if they drop the shunning,

the blood issue, and education policy. Well they would

be like other religions.

Then I thought about it, in my case I was raised as A Baptist,

my life as A child was great, my Mom and Dad were great folks.

If I had not become A JW, I would be in that faith today.

Can you say the same for the ones that was rasied as JW,s.

From what I have read here, most had terrible experinces

as A child. Would one return to A organization with such

bad memories, and raise thier kids the same.

• designs
    designs

Didn't know it at the time but my post JW period of going to Churches and Synagogue was my farewell tour of Religion.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

If you could just walk away without any consequence, it wouldn't be a cult, but just another slightly cooky Christian denomination. There are other aspects, but I think that emotional control is the largest factor defining the cult.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Apply every scripture about Pharisees to the Governing Body and everything starts making sense. One you realize they are not "the faithful and discreet slave", but more likely the "wicked slave", "disgusting thing in a holy place", "man of lawlessness", false prophet, etc., suddenly their actions, words, and mentality fit perfectly. One of the reasons I believe JWs are "God's organization" is because of how closely they repeat all the awful things "God's organization" has done throughout the Bible and history. I actually discuss this very issue in my papers "Do Christians Have Human Leaders?" and "Should I turn 'Apostate'?"

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

OMG!!!! From the moment I started using the scriptures against rebellious in connection to WT it was clear that they are part of Babylon the Great. The WBTS publications is the biggest asset in helping others to see "THE TRUTH" I keep telling myself to read ALL the info against them before I judge but the bible and many WT teachings themselves are proving to me that Pauls words in Acts 20:28-30 are true in regards to WBTS

Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed YOU overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son]. 29 I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.

We need to get hardcore JW's like myself to see this. They are trained to use the WBTS pub. to defend their beliefs. If they would take the time and just turn the tables the truth can not be denied by those who appreciate it. My love for Jehovah & his Son is what moved me to consider the possibility that the WBTS were acting in imitation of Satan as "angels of light" Every reform movement in the history of Christianity stemmed from the veil being lifted. I read the words of 1 Cor 3:12-18 and I can see the reformists being pushed into the "fine fight of the faith" it says

12 Therefore, as we have such a hope, we are using great freeness of speech, 13 and not doing as when Moses would put a veil upon his face, that the sons of Israel might not gaze intently at the end of that which was to be done away with. 14 But their mental powers were dulled. For to this present day the same veil remains unlifted at the reading of the old covenant, because it is done away with by means of Christ. 15 In fact, down till today whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their hearts. 16 But when there is a turning to Jehovah, the veil is taken away. 17 Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom. 18 And all of us, while we with unveiled faces reflect like mirrors the glory of Jehovah, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, exactly as done by Jehovah [the] Spirit.

Until then those of us wanting to help JW's out of WBTS need to be adept at using the pub. in the same spirit of Br. Ray Franz, Br. Don Cameron, Br. WTComments etc...

Todays text my brother & sisters is an excellent example of how Jehovah cares for lovers of truth regardless of their beliefs in regards to the universe.

Tuesday, July 5
    A man’s enemies will be persons of his own household.—Matt. 10:36.
    Frontal assaults against God’s people in general are one thing. When opposition comes upon individual Christians from family members, it is quite different. Did not Jesus foretell that this would take place? Yes, and many have experienced the truthfulness of his words. (Matt. 10:35) Teenagers have endured opposition from unbelieving parents. Some have even been ordered out of the home, but they were taken in by kindly Witnesses. Others have been disowned. What enabled such ones to endure mistreatment? Not just their love for the brotherhood but, above all, their genuine love for Jehovah and his Son. (1 Pet. 1:22; 1 John 4:21) There are many other situations in life that call for the love that endures all things. Within the marriage union, a husband and wife clothed with this quality are fortified to stick to each other and keep their marriage intact.—Col. 3:14. w09 12/15 4:17, 18

• wobble
    wobble

"why can't they see they are raking hot coals in to their bosom...."

I believe they can, but look at the age of those in the top echelons of the W.T,(not just the G.B but the ones who pull their strings too) they are only looking to preserve their lifestyle till they die, and they know that if they relaxed control, which would mean an element of saying "we were wrong" in the past, which in turn would call into question their present authority, they know that a HUGE number would walk away, and cease contibuting.

No more rock star lifestyle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit