Financially stable and returning to forum

by sabastious 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

It didn't take long. About a month ago I had to leave this forum because I was approaching financial ruin, not JUST because of the time I spent on this forum, but I had to start chucking things out of the helicopter if you catch my drift.

About a week after I quit an old boss contacted me on Facebook. A HUGE web development customer contacted him about a HUGE project they are working on and have the funding for. Well you see, the reason why I don't work with this boss anymore is because he moved to Mexico and the last thing I heard from him, at that time, was something about herding goats and living a simple life. Now he's in Canada and instead of taking the job, which doesn't involve herding but rather months and months of programming, he referred it to me.

After reviewing their site needs I wrote up a contract and presented it to them last Thursday. They agreed to the terms and wrote a deposit check. I will be the architect and programmer for their new social network idea. This single client is full time work untill January 2012 at a high hourly wage. So finally money, as long as I work hard, is no longer a current obstacle in my life; I am ecstatic!

The good news is I will have time to come back to the forum. How else would I keep from getting rusty with my writing skills? It's what I want to do in the end anyway: write.

How yall doin!

-Sab

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good for you Sab!

What social networking platform will you be working with? I put undubbed.com together, would love to know what you think.

All the best!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Congratulations and welcome back!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Nic, site is slick slick slick!

I liked your form validation in the registration. Non intrusive and effective.

I made an account, might be pokin' around.

-Sab

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Sabastious - sounds like Satan has blessed you abundantly!

nicolaou I registered but can't get on you site?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

FS have you checked for your validation email? Might be in your spam folder.

[additional] Don't worry about it, I've just manually approved you both

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Congrats on the new job!!!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Always good to hear good news, melbourne just suffered an earth quake today, I already know what the topic of discussion with my parents tonight at the dinner table will be about.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Hope it works out for you. One thing I've learned is don't rely too much on one client, so well before that work is going to expire have something else lined up. Congrats.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Glad that you're back on the scene, Sab. See ya around...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit