A good comment at the KH about Abigail

by Quarterback 8 Replies latest social humour

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Today's WT was interesting. The lesson spoke first about the Role of husbands, and then wives. Then it tied in some Bible examples in which Abigail was mentioned. One sister mentioned that Abigail's example shows that we shouldn't put up with husbands that are Bullies. For instance her stand against him shows that it saved her household. I don't think that the Conductor, was prepared for that answer. He just remained silent and then asked for further comments. I thought, good for you sister to have that courage and show that at times, Jehovah does reward the acts of unsubmissiveness from women.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's amazing that good comments slip through sometimes there, bravo to that gal!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Our conductor asked why there were no young men stepping up to take the lead in our congregations. I raise my hand.

Well, a lot of young people have lost focus, they have been in the organization all their life and as the system keeps going on and on, time passes and a lot of time passes and nothing happens so they are distracted by material things. However they should give some consideration to their personal worship.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Well, a lot of young people have lost focus, they have been in the organization all their life and as the system keeps going on and on, time passes and a lot of time passes and nothing happens so they are distracted by material things. However they should give some consideration to their personal worship.

Great comment which has more than one meaning.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The tide is turning; the waters are drying up right underneath the GB's nose.

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• inbetween
    inbetween

anbody noticed the twist in Paragraph 3 ( I think) about 1. Timothy 5:8 ?

It was not clearly stated, but it was insinuated, that a husbands providing for the family would include spiritual provisions. Most understood it that way and also comments were given, that material provsions are not enough.

So the twist was, that a husband, who does not take lead in spiritual matters (eg family worship evening, field service, meetings etc) would also be worse than an unbeleiver.

BUt this was not, what the scripture is about !! The context shows, it was only refeering to material provisions. Btw, I comented to make this clear, hoping somebody not half asleep got it.....

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good for you, inbetween.

Courage is good to have these days and commenting on such things is a way of demonstating that courage.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

That's what I said as well. I gave the first comment before the man-hater in my congregation ripping on "lots of husbands" not providing materially and spiritually. I said: "The scripture says that the primary obligation of a husband is to provide materially for his family, otherwise even if he would have faith, he would be worse than one without faith, after that he can take care of the spiritual aspects of his family"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, that comment did out as well in our congregation. Good point, Anony Mous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit