Saturday's Drama District Convention

by Mickey mouse 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I have to hand it to the society, they have big brass balls.

One of the lines in the drama: "I've been doing some research online, you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

For the first time ever they said something honest!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Why stop there? They should have included:

"I've attended one of you meetings, you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

"I've read your literature, you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

"I've seen this drama at the district convention, you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

...and what was the carefully scripted reply to this factual statement?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I've read Crisis of Conscience, you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

"I've read Studies in the Scriptures, you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

"I've read the elders manual "Shepherd the Flock of God", you're in a cult, they're brainwashing you!"

• Glander
    Glander

Forgive me, but I am skeptical.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

They are using the negative connotations of the words cult and brainwashing and make it seem like it's an over the top accusation that has no grounds.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Remember the comeback, "Maybe my brain needed washing"?

Anything to make light of the actual substance of the accusation- Question the questioner, doubt the doubter, etc. What about Carl Olaf Jonnson? His questions were never answered either...until they DFed him.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

OMG! My mom just came back from the DC.....like 3 hours ago. I just got the first of many crazed calls, oh dear I need helllllllppppp!!!!!!

bullshit comment in the drama they are trying to make the internet and the word cult, just seem as a regular thing people say about them. like you people dont believe in Jesus...ugh

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Yeah its funny, and at the same time....looks like the INTERNET is REEEEEEALLY opening peoples eyes. Enough that the WTBTS has to give attention to it. I bet many...many...many ppl are leaving or at least becoming curious about what's said about the SOCIETY online. Can't stop information!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit