Lakers Kobe Bryant -- blood procedure puts him at DF risk?

by FatFreek 2005 17 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

It may be a month old news but we're just hearing it.

Citing four unidentified sources familiar with the situation, The Los Angeles Times on Friday reported that the Lakers superstar had a procedure about a month ago that is a derivation of platelet-rich plasma therapy. PRP procedures are less invasive than many surgeries involving the knee. Detroit Free Press

So to all you blood fraction experts, what is the Watchtower verdict on brother Bryant (ha! That is, if he were a JW)? Would such a procedure be okay by Watchtower standards?

Len

• designs
    designs

He'd be Banned from Dribbling for 6 months

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

That's a good'un, designs.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners. Anyone? Where does Watchtower stand on platelet-rich plasma therapy -- PRP?

Len

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

He should be sentenced to something worse than dfing. He should be forced to pass the ball to one of his teammates.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Some how I think the accused rape would be a bigger issue.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Platlets are one of the four "major" components - a distinction known only to the governing body.

• TD
    TD

In the PRP procedure, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient's arm and spun in a centrifuge for about 20 minutes to isolate platelets. With guidance from ultrasound, the platelets are then injected into the injured area to try to stimulate tissue repair.

I'd almost be willing to bet that the procedure could be adapted to make it acceptable to JW's

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Kobe Bryant is a JW? That's news to me.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Ditto, never knew Kobe was a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit