Who's the most intolerant religious group?

by Wonderment 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• godrulz
    godrulz

It is not just groups with a variance among members, but the issue may be more individualistic. Cults foster the group mentality and intolerance, but biblical Christianity does not (so negative intolerance would be a rogue individual, not something promoted by the church/religion). Again, disagreeing on whether Jesus is the exclusive way to God or not is not intolerance, just difference of opinion (if true that there is one way to God vs many contradictory ways).

• satinka
    satinka

dgp wrote:

I would like to submit to you the idea that any intolerance due to religion is to be frowned upon, however mild, or however mild it might appear compared to others.

Religious intollerance is a way of life for the JWs. That is why this web forum exists! It is the result of intollerance to free thought within the JW organization. The JW belief system rests on the premise that the JWs are right and everyone else is going to die at Armageddon.

I'm surprised by your comment!

satinka

• dgp
    dgp

Satinka: Please, don't be.

Suppose someone asked people choose between the shunning of the Jehovah's witnesses and the fatwa of a Muslim fanatic that means you'll get killed. I think most people would choose shunning. Their reasoning would probably be something like "Hey, at least I can talk to the worldlies". That would sort of dilute the intolerance of JW's and would make them appear "good in comparison". The "in comparison" could soon be forgotten.

• satinka
    satinka

dgp: Thanks. I follow your line of reasoning.

Unfortunately, a patriarchy is still a patriarchy. OPPRESSIVE

I for one don't like how OPPRESSION in the form of shunning feels.

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit