Accident

by Louise 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Louise
    Louise

So over Easter weekend I was house sitting a lovely place. The back door was sticking and so in order to close it, gave it a pull with all my might. My thumb happened to be nestled in the gap of the kitchen door. On looking down at my right thumb I uttered "oh F*#K* three times before it actually sunk it that my whole thumb pad with meat had been detached.

I was by myself. I was pretty calm and there was not much pain. I called my mother and rushed off to hospital. The amount of blood that poured out of my thumb was astounding.

5 injections and 7 stitches later I walked out of the emergency room!

It took two hours to change the dressing,

Now it's thumping and throbbing so much so I feel sick!

Anyhoo - lesson - be very aware of where my fingers are at.

This pic doesn't do the wound justice! Where that red line is above the nail is actually blood filling in the gap. That part need to be pulled down and stitched through my nail to get it back in place.

• stillin
    stillin

Ouch! I think I'm going to faint!

Quick recovery. That's going to hurt for a while.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nasty!!

That is a mess....

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ouch! That's a nasty one. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Eden

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Oooooooooooooooooohhhhh!

I can feel your pain!

• zeb
    zeb

Ouch! x 10.

Its a good thing it bled so. It means any bug or micro dirt is flushed out.

To help you get better you will have to go out and buy 5 new pr of shoes and three new outfits to go with them.

....................well thats what more daughter would say..

• flipper
    flipper

LOUISE- So sorry to see that you bashed your thumb. Ouch ! I'm glad you got to the hospital and received stitches. Hope you heal up well. I'm sure it hurt like hell.

It's amazing how we can take our fingers for granted. I was sitting at my sons house the other day and my chair was on an incline- my chair accidentally tipped over ( I was sober ) and I tried to stop my fall and bashed my right pinky finger onto his BBQ grill. Sprained it really bad- I think- although I can't get the top joint to bend yet - been about 2 weeks swellings gone down but I might have to see the Doc about it.

I wish you the best of luck and man oh man- we all gotta treasure our thumbs and fingers ! Take care sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

It has got to be one of the most painful things to exp. And of course a little later the nail will detach and then take a few months to grow back [Sorry I am being helpful am I not ! ]

If you are still having a lot of throbbing nauseating pain..........its bleedin underneath and building up pressure - the nerves in that area are very sensitive it seems as they are very close to the surface. You may need to let the Doc "puncture" it

I am speaking from recent experience. When the pain and nausea got to much I punctured it myself through the nail and it gushed like a geyser - and then .......Relief !!!

And in my next reply I describe how people will be crushed and squished at Armageddon !

Jy het lekker gevloek ! Its the best thing at the time !

Ps What happened with the Sharks last week ???

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Did they give you antibiotics? I would be very careful about infection.
  • Louise
    Louise

OOOOUUUCH There is NO way I can puncture my finger nail now. That is madness - unless I have a few tequilas!

The Sharks are playing so bad, even when we win, it because the other team made more mistakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit