OMG!!! My mother is going to the assembly again this weekend!!!

by scooterspank 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

As if the last one didn't cause enough trauma (you would have to read my old posts)...really, you can sit through that shit twice??? Really??? I was having a good week, thought I was finally over the last Sunday she got home. I guess my only answer at this point, for my own sanity and happiness, is to avoid her. WHY??? Evil M******F******!!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Awww. I'm sorry Scooter. Let's hope it fades quickly.

NC

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

How can some JWs do that?! They're really f**k'd in the head..

• dozy
    dozy

Some people seem to get a real buzz from the conventions. I know some who went to 2 , 3 or even 4 conventions to see family , friends or as so-called "listening assemblies" when they volunteered at their home convention. We used to call them "assembly junkies".

• cantleave
    cantleave

When the highlight of your year is a District Convention, you know you need help!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Well, at least it keeps her off the streets. Pray that she has the determination to follow the DC roadshow all the way through the states so she goes away conventioning for months on end. When she visits you, press cotton buds deep into your ears and smile weakly, nodding and saying "I know" every 3 minutes. You'll make her delirously happy.You will then be well on the way to perfecting the art of martyrdom that is also your mother's dubious legacy.

• sir82
    sir82
    We used to call them "assembly junkies".

I suspect that at least part of the reason is, it's a "legitimate" (guilt-free) way to spend a weekend and not be out in field serve-us.

As an extra added bonus, you don't even have to feel guilty for not listening to the talks on your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th visit, because "oh I already heard that talk."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit