Does this tell us how desperate they are to paint those who leave as evil??

by therevealer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Exactly revealer. Any apostates I know only bring out the evils of the WT by using the WT publications. If arguing with them using their own words is apostate, then what does that say about the people who penned those words?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As usual the WBT$ offers No Proof..

Evidently..

We are supposed to take their word for it..

Everyone knows what the WBT$`s word is Worth..

Nothing..Maybe Less..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• sd-7
    sd-7

Exactly. I've yet to meet any 'apostate' who wants me to follow them or even join their church if they go to one. So I guess they just throw that in because the Bible says people who deviate from Christianity are going to do that, and it serves their purposes to quote it.

The Bible speaks specifically about people who deviated from Christianity, as it was already happening back then. Examples:

1. Some taught that the resurrection had already occurred. (Note: The Society teaches that the resurrection for anointed ones is already happening and has been since, what, 1919 or so? I believe that's still the case.)

2. Some taught that Jesus had not been resurrected. (The Society teaches that Jesus' physical body was just disposed of somewhere without any scriptural proof to support it. The concept of 'materialization' applies even though Jesus said that a spirit does not have flesh and bones as he did. Yeah, I know 'flesh and blood can't inherit God's kingdom', but either there's a contradiction, or Jesus had flesh and bones like he said he did and there's some other explanation.)

3. Some taught that Jesus did not come in the flesh.

4. Some taught that the day of Jehovah [or the Lord] was already upon them. (Since 1914, right??)

5. Some taught that there was no resurrection (perhaps the Sadducee converts?).

6. Some denied the Father and the Son altogether. (The Society teaches that Jesus is an angel even though the Bible says he is above all the angels (see Hebrews chapters 1 and 2).)

And that's not even getting into 1914, the flip-flops in doctrine, the demands for blind obedience even in the face of clear error, etc., etc. Seems to me that they just looked in the mirror and wrote down what they saw.

If injustice like that which was heaped upon us happened to the Society, would they just shut up about it and act like it didn't happen? So why would we do that? To make them feel better? And why would we want that, hmm? They robbed so many of their lives, their peace, their freedom, and they expect their victims to go away silently? To leave them alone? To let them victimize others?

Well, sorry, guys. That's not going to happen. You trained us to have endurance; I guess that was a bad idea.

--sd-7

• flipper
    flipper

These are tactics that ALL mind control cults use ( JW's, Mormons, Scientologists ) to deceive their members into not listening to us once we've exited their organizations. They use this " smear campaign " towards us so that rank and file members won't listen to ANYTHING we say- even if it's true ! WT society is so scared their sleletons will get found out by JW members it's a method they use to control what JW's listen to. WT leaders figure if they can instill FEAR into members about listening to us - then they've won half the battle towards controlling 7 million members minds and thinking. It's the same tactics Hitler used in Germany. Unfortunately it tends to work wonders on mind controlled people when you bash them over the head with FEAR and GUILT.

But the good news for us Ex-Witnesses is the WT society CANNOT STOP the Internet and access to information ! That's the silver lining ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    "...not content just to leave the organization that they perhaps once loved."

If only the organization would just let us quietly leave. But, NO, they insist on a bitter battle where definite sides are drawn. It elevates emotions to the point of being vindictive and overly righteous

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

WHoooo! I get my own cult!

Who wants to join? I'll be completely up front about it too. You can give me your money and women are required to sleep with me. I currently only have one follower, but she makes me do the dishes.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Considering that they spend 1+ billion hours every year directly attempting to have people apostasize from their own faith, I find their claims disingenuous at best.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And when those that leave talk about what is wrong with the cult they don't bring in corruptive ideas. They bring up stuff that the society has said and published, stuff that is totally embarassing, not some outside thoughts and teachings. -- therevealer

Any apostates I know only bring out the evils of the WT by using the WT publications. If arguing with them using their own words is apostate, then what does that say about the people who penned those words? -- MrFreeze

As I read your comments, Revealer and Mr Freeze, I just had to nod my head and say "THAT IS SO TRUE!"

Paul said: "From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things."

Addressing fellow Christians, Peter wrote: "There will also be false teachers among you."

The "twisted things" and the "false teach[ings]" usually referred to by "apostates" are from WATCHTOWER publications.

When all one does is show the 6 or 8 changes in the meaning of "that generation" from WATCHTOWER publications thru the years.......

OR, when you show the plethora of WT dates of prophecy thru the ages (1799, 1974, 1875, 1881, 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1975, 21st century), all or at least most of which have proven wrong and been revised (over and over for some), and do so from WATCHTOWER publications......

WHO HAS BEEN DOING THE TWISTING????

WHO HAS TAUGHT THAT WHICH HAS PROVED TO BE FALSEHOODS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit