What does REAL LOVE mean to YOU?

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest social relationships

• dgp
    dgp

Leaving,

• snowbird
    snowbird

When my last daughter was born, as the OB lifted her from my abdomen, I felt such a rush of pure LOVE that it is almost indescribable.

Syl

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ dpg

The last time a guy said he loved me was 2004 even though I've had other r'ships since...

But the other week I was talking to my niece and complained about being fat/overweight. She replied, "Yes, but you make being overweight look good." She meant it as a compliment and I felt "awww" inside.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Love means not having to worry about being judged my your mate for your weird freaky fetishes. LOL

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My kids.

They have taught me what true, unconditonal love is.

I always though I knew what it was, I didn't.

I see my little ones I want to love and shelter and protectt them from everything, I want to hold them and cuddle them and love them forever.

I see them sleep and my heart is filled with joy, I hear their sweet voices and heaven is on earth, I feel their touch and kisses and my heart melts.

I know that no matter what, I will love them forever and no matter what they do I couldn't love them anymore because I love them beyond what I ever though possible.

And that love has taught me to love my wife and those in my life so much better than I had before.

I no longer judge anyone, no longer am I overly-rightoeus ( though at times I am stil arrogant but I am working on it), I measure people's worth by love and not by anything else, I start opff everyone at 100% ( I never used to trust anyone in the beginning).

My kids's love has made me a better person because it has taught me what love is and what love must be for it TO BE.

• tec
    tec

I think love can mean different things to different people. To me, it means selfless giving of one's self. Building one another up.

Then there is also the pure unconditional love of a child.

Just before my firstborn turned two, he stayed with my mom while I went to work. She ran a day home (she ran it for me, so I could feel comfortable leaving my son with her, and that is another act of selfless love). I used to get off work, rush home breathless because I couldn't wait to see him. Then as soon as I walked in the door, he stopped whatever he was doing, shouted my name, came running and leaped up into my arms. Best Welcome Home Ever!

Peace,

Tammy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"I used to get off work, rush home breathless because I couldn't wait to see him. Then as soon as I walked in the door, he stopped whatever he was doing, shouted my name, came running and leaped up into my arms. Best Welcome Home Ever!"

I'm a tough guy, welling up is for sissys and girls, but damned if I haven't got a speck of grit in my eye . . .

• tec
    tec

Aw, thanks for putting a smile on my face today.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Michael McDonald and the Doobie Brothers - oh, and you guys, of course!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDZjLAV66A

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit