My new friend...

by Igot2bme 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I had an awesome experience that I wanted to share. I recently attended a course in a town about 60 miles from where I live to get my certification for my business. It was a 6 day course and I was to receive my certification at the end of my training. I was staying at a motel close to where my classes were and I decided to walk to it (about 5 blocks away) and as I am walking a woman pulls up and asks me if I am attending some classes for permanent cosmetics she said that she was going to the same classes and offered me a ride. It turns out that we were in the same motel and my room was 224 and hers was 124. We hit it off right away, we have quite a lot in common such as just getting into this as a new career, being mothers of teenage daughters and such. Our instructor even commented on how we appeared to be like"soul sisters." While we were at lunch on the second day, it had came up in a discussion about what beliefs we had and I mentioned that I was a faded JW, she then said that she was one as well! Crazy huh?! She had been out of it for 14 years and was able to successfully fade cause she moved away from her home state and I had only been out for a about a year and a half. We swapped stories of our personal experiences and decisions on why we left. She mentioned that one of the reasons why she left was because a ministerial servant had molested some young boys in her cong and he had gotten away with it and was still in good standing when she had left! She reassured me that it does get better with the passage of time and that leaving was the best thing she had ever done. She was a big source of encouragement for me. We both passed the class with flying colors, and on the day of leaving the motel we promised to keep in touch via Facebook. I am really starting to believe now more than ever everything happens for a reason.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

How cool is that!!

Congrats on your course and all the best for your new business venture.

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

Thanks BP!

• nugget
    nugget

It is amazing hpw small the world is and how we seem to be drawn to people who have things in common. I have a son with aspergers and I always seem to bump into other people with similar experiences.

What is so encouraging is to see those that have walked away doing to well and being so happy it is an important message for people who are just starting out.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It is so awesome meeting new people and making friends. I hope you remain so.

All the best in your business venture.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Igot2bme . . . fantastic experience!

I suspect there are connecting influences outside of the conscious, that draw us to other people.

Congratulations on your success . . . on both counts.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Igot2bme: love the story, and congratulations on passing your cosmetics certification.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wonderful story.

I'm a believer in the God of the Bible, and that He is in control.

Congratulations to both of you on passing your courses.

Syl

• sir82
    sir82

Clearly angelic direction....

• scary21
    scary21

Cool story....thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit