According to my parents your all hitchhikers!

by Snowboarder 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Well, i moved out of home to study more and live a "evil" life as my parents call it of going to church to light a candle! I did this twice in the last month and i'm supporting a whore! and by Whore i mean you know Babalyon the great!and all apostates are hitchhikers!
    This is what me mom wrote!

You just watched apostate site what do you expect will happened to your faith.

Our faith is based solidly on the Bible and please Sandro do not send us any more such a sites we are not going to watch them. And again if you really love us you would never do such a thing and why you are doing such a thing going on such websites why , why???? If you think you are smarter and have more life experience than your parents you are mistaken Such a shame Sandro truth gave you good life, clean life, Does matter what Sandro ,Dad and I we know this is the truth we LOVE it and we do not need such a Garbage Pages to show us lies. Since we came in the truth we had beautiful vacations did we? We never said and truth never teach you that all other people are evil except JW never, we Love people why we help them with Bible message? About birthday card for grandpa, nothing is wrong to send him a card , but you know Sandro truth about birthdays if you do, instead of helping grandpa understand it you with your card wonted to support him for it,to show him how much you love him why you did not wont to share with him something good you new, he does not know better you did!

We never said you should hate your grandparents, things you are saying are nonsenses, but your association is not encouraging you for healthy good things, Sandro if you really love watching such garbage sites PLEASE KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF< PLEASE>

I'm shocked i love my parents but i want them to see the Watchtower is lying to them! I love them and that's why i sent them this video! Then latter i got one more email just one line!

Whom you most believe????? to hitchhiker???

I can't believe it, that they don't want to believe me, i don't know what to say or reply, i wish my parents would see the light

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

For those that are interested, I've just been chatting to Snowboarder on facebook. This is a letter his mother wrote him in her own style of English, which is not her first language.

Snowboarder is now living away from his parents and is now with other relatives (as you can probably deduce from her letter) in another country.

I won't say more as I'll leave it up to him to tell you anything else.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Sandro,

I believe it is best to let your parents have their beliefs - it is who they are. Go enjoy your life and live it to the full (as I can see you are doing by your pictures on Facebook). Show respect to them as your parents, play your cards right and you can have the best of both worlds (Yours and your family's)

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Sandro,

It is very difficult trying to reason with JW parents. My mother is a strong JW and if I try to be too direct with her regarding the WTS beliefs, she shuts down and has a reaction similar to your mother's. The best way to deal with them is to be patient and make your points on a subtle basis...don't be confrontational and be aware that when you try and openly share "apostate" information such as books or websites, you will get a negative response. Remember, they are taught over and over again that anything that is not from the WTS is evil, diseased and from the Devil. If they really do believe in truth, planting small seeds with them can be successful...just don't expect over night results. Good luck!

TYA

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Snowboarder, I sent you a pm!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Sorry about what you're going through, Snowboarder. I'm afraid that you made a bit of a mistake there when you sent your parents links to these "apostate" websites which are, according to your mom, full of "lies". The problem is that JWs are under major mind control and they simply aren't going to listen to facts. You have to take a different approach. Many on this website have suggested that JWs on their way out read the book Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan to help deal with family still on the inside. You should give that a look.

I find it hilarious (sorry) that your mom was talking about her being so much older and wiser than you are. There are people here who are much older than your parents who have just started waking up only recently. Age and experience have little to do with it! It has more to do with a person's ability to be honest with themselves and face the fact that they may have been wrong about something they've believed for a long time.

I also find it interesting that your mom accuses you of sending her info that's full of lies and then she, in turn, tells you lies about the WTS herself. It is an established fact that the JWs preach that those who are not baptized are dead meat when the big A comes. JWs DO have contempt for those who are not among their own. The only difference lies in how strongly one adheres to various JW teachings as they are all individuals despite the WTS' attempts to folks of any and all individuality.

I have no idea whether there is any hope that can be held out for your parents. I, personally, don't bother with talking about the religion with my family and I won't until I see signs of them willing to question what they've accepted for most of their lives. Until then, it's pointless. I wish you better luck with that in the future anyway...

V665V665

• sinis
    sinis

Yea, they may come around, maybe not. Don't pull the rug out from underneath them. Show them the "truth" bu how you live your life and do not give them the fodder to say you have returned to the vomit, ie evil world. Nothing is worse for someone older than to realize that everything they have believed in is a lie and that they pissed away their entire life, then the question is, what now?

• Terry
    Terry

The best proof you can give your parents is to live a happy, healthy, confident life free of fear and obligation to a publishing company.

A good life well-lived is not anxious about what others (even parents) think.

Be an example for them.

In the long run, they will be automatically proved wrong because they have been led to belief you cannot survive without a terrible life on the outside of a Kingdom Hall.

Do so!

Happiness and freedom go very well together.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    I also find it interesting that your mom accuses you of sending her info that's full of lies

i find it COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL (i even found it a little strange during my heyday in witnessism), that Witnesses always immediately turn down "apostate" info, and say it's full of lies. that combination never sat well with me. if you're sure it's lies, then you don't have anything to fear, nor anything to lose by checking it out, right? you would know that the logic and strength of your faith couldn't be toppled by it anyways. it seems then, that what they fear more, is that they may find themselves in agreement with some of what they read. but if that's the case, then it can only be because the opposing view that they are agreeing with ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE, and they find it to be true, and it becomes a "truth" to them, either supplemental truth, relative truth, or whatever and they can still decide what to do with it. but it's just more comfortable not to face that.

if a witness agrees to consider opposing views in a complete, logical, and objective way, and afterwards decides he still believes in the witness religion and wants to stay one, well i would respect that decision. it would surprise me that someone would come to that conclusion, but if such is the case, i respect it 100%. but in contrast, holding such a belief blindly and stubbornly, and rejecting anything that hints at disagreeing with your fragile belief out of fear you might lose it, is pure idiocy.

A0

• talesin
    talesin

snowboarder --- I have not checked into yr blog for a couple of weeks, but wow, a lot has gone on with you ... I am on your side..

much love

jen

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit