See John 1:1 with your own eyes: Bible translators have translated Latin, not Greek.

by Wonderment 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jeckle
    jeckle

technically they all have definite and indefinite built in i speak spanish i read latin i speak serbocroation i study languages as a hobby its called noun declension. it all depends on the way the noun is declined . this is still common in slavic tongues. latin's offsprings french, italian, catalan, spanish, portugues etc lost most noun delension except to show singular or plural.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

RE: Begotten.

It's not that it ONLY means begotten as in "one of a kind" or beggoten as in "born of", it means BOTH and depending on how it's use, BOTH are valid within the context.

In the context of the GOJ, the writer is making it clear that Christ is unique and different than all creatures and that he is "begotten" of God ( the same) and "one of a kind".

All was made through Christ, all was created through Christ, but the writer of GOJ wanted to state th Christ was not created but begotten and th eo nly one to be as such.

A human creates a work of art, a painting, a sculpture, a garden, what are those things? are they Man?, no, they are what they are.

A human begets another human, what is that human? Human.

Taken withing the context of the whole verse and chapter and book, The writer is stating that the Word of God, Christ, is OF God, the same nature and essence as God, the UNIQUE ONE of God, begotten and not created, with God since there was a beginning.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

RE: Begotten.

The Word was “begotten,” but not made, not created - (John 1:14)[Top]

The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus was “begotten” in the sense that he was created or born, which is not a Christian Trinitarian teaching. The Jehovah's Witnesses write:

Trinitarians claim that in the case of Jesus, “only-begotten” is not the same as the dictionary definition of “begetting,” which is to “procreate as the father.” (Webster’s Ninth Collegiate Dictionary) They say that in Jesus’ case it means “the sense of unoriginated relationship,” a sort of only son relationship without the begetting. (Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words) Does that sound logical to you? Can a man father a son without begetting him?

Furthermore, why does the Bible use the very same Greek word for “only-begotten” (as Vine admits without any explanation) to describe the relationship of Isaac to Abraham? Hebrews 11:17 speaks of Isaac as Abraham’s “only-begotten son.” There can be no question that in Isaac’s case, he was only-begotten in the normal sense, not equal in time or position to his father. (Should You Believe, Chapter 6)

Actually, Strong and Vine’s does in fact explain why the very same Greek word for “only-begotten” (monogeneses) is used to describe the relationship of Isaac to Abraham, and how “only-begotten” is used with respect to Isaac at Hebrews 11:17 as subsequently explained.

One major weakness in the Jehovah's Witnesses’ argument lies in the fact that Isaac was not an only-begotten son in the natural procreative sense since Abraham actually had another son, Ishmael, (and others after Ishmael) who was born before Isaac (Genesis 16:15), so the Jehovah's Witnesses’ reliance on that verse is unfounded. Because Abraham had no less than two sons, “only-begotten” cannot be applied to Isaac as an “only-begotten son,” in the procreative sense because he wasn’t. It applied to him in a religious, legalistic and figurative connotation as he was the only legitimate son; it refers to a non-biological relationship just as Trinitarians teach with respect to the Word.

It’s the same with the preexistent Christ where “only-begotten” lays stress on characteristics of Christ’s relationship. The phrase “the only-begotten of (from) the Father,” (John 1:14) indicates that as the Son of God He was the sole representative of the Being and character of the One who sent Him,” compared to the original traditional rendering where the definite article is omitted (Strong and Vine’s, 67). Strong and Vine’s speaks of a unique relationship and stresses that “begotten” does not imply a beginning of Sonship nor generation as applied to offspring like Isaac, or that Christ became the only begotten son by incarnation.

Monogeneses is translated (1) “only” in (1a) Lk 7:12 of the widow of Nain’s son; (1b) Lk 8:42 of Jairus’ daughter; (2) “only-begotten” (2a) of Jesus in Jn 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn 4:9; (2) of Isaac in Heb 11:17; and (3) “only child” in Lk 9:38 of the devil-possessed child.

(4) With reference to Christ, the phrase “the only begotten of (from) the Father,” Jn 1:14, indicates that as the Son of God He was the sole representative of the Being and character of the One who sent Him. (4a) In the original the definite article is omitted both before “only begotten” and before “Father,” and its absence in each case serves to lay stress upon the characteristics referred to in the terms used.

(4b) The apostle’s object is to demonstrate what sort of glory it was that he and his fellow apostles had seen. (4c) That he is not merely making a comparison with earthly relationships is indicated by para, “from.” (4d) The glory was that of a unique relationship and the word “begotten” does not imply a beginning of His Sonship. (4e) It suggests relationship indeed, but must be distinguished from generation as applied to man.

(5) We can only rightly understand the term “the only begotten” when used of the Son, in the sense of un-originated relationship. (5a) The begetting is not an event of time, however remote, but a fact irrespective of time. (5b) The Christ did not become, but necessarily and eternally is the Son. He, a Person, possesses every attribute of pure Godhood. (5c) This necessitates eternity, absolute being; in this respect He is not ‘after’ the Father;

(8) In Jn 3:16 the statement, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son” must not be taken to mean that Christ became the only begotten son by incarnation. (8a) The value and greatness of the gift lay in the Sonship of Him who was given. (8b) His Sonship was not the effect of His being given. (Strong and Vine’s, 167)

Hebrews 1:5 also argues against the Jehovah's Witnesses’ “procreation definition” because “begotten” is used with reference to the enthronement of the existing Christ; an Old Testament parallel to Psalm 2:6-8.

Lastly, even an English definition of “beget” as applied to Christ means to bring into a special relationship, and not by procreation.

(10) Beget in English means to bring into a special relationship. The “be” is intensive and “get” means to bring to one’s self. Jesus, as “the only-begotten of the Father” means that even though he had the unique and equal relationship within the Trinity in eternity past, He took upon Himself the likeness of sinful flesh, dwelt among men, was tempted in all ways, yet without sin, submitted to the death on the cross, was raised on the third day, and ascended to the right hand of the Father. He was always uniquely related to the Father, but even more so now as He is the only unique Son of God, the only sacrifice to remove sins and restore fallen man to God.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-6.html#32

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, my goodness (and may you all have peace!). You wonder why you can't hear Christ speak: it is because you are so caught up in your OWN understandings, because you want to appear knowledgeable... that you can hear the Truth even as to the simplest of matters. My Lord is called the "only-begotten" Son of God... because he IS the only-begotten... of Sarah (the spirit realm). No other spirit being is a son. He is NOT God's only-begotten son, however; Adham was a son by Hagar (the earth). And, for now, no other human is a son, either... because none have yet been born... again. Some have received a TOKEN of their sonship, an anointing by and with holy spirit, which anointing puts them in line to receive an ADOPTION as sons. But that doesn't occur until they put off the flesh... and put on white robes (spirit bodies). Then, such ones are born... again... but by means of a PROMISE and so as spirit beings (so that they BE sons)... and not due to the flesh (i.e., sex between a man and woman).

It really isn't as complicated as some of you are making it out to be. And why are you doing so? "Monogenes" doesn't mean generated (procreated) by one [person]; it means the only one (singly) generated or sole (only, singular) generation... (NOT solely generated, as in by one's self) by a person. My Lord was and is, thus far, the ONLY ONE generated by JAH... with His free wife, Jerusalem Above:

"A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. ... She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne." Revelation 12:1, 5

As the only Son of THAT wife, Jerusalem ABOVE ("Sarah"), he is, therefore, the Father's "only-begotten"... by HER. True, she is barren, now:

"For it is written: "Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband." Isaiah 54:1; Galatians 4:27

But she has other children:

"When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. ... Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her SEED --those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus." Revelation 12:23, 17

That "seed"... has not been BORN (again)... yet. It awaits such birth, which it KNOWS it will receive, by means of the TOKEN of such birth given it: an anointing with holy spirit. In the meantime, that seed knows who it's mother is:

"But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. ... Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the freewoman." Galatians 4:26, 31

Jerusalem ABOVE... is the free "wife" of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. She is SARAH, as represented by the NEW Covenant. With that wife, Sarah, Abraham had ONE son: Isaac. And that son... also had a wife: Rebekkah. From whom the nation of Israel came, through her son, Jacob (Israel).

In the same light, the Son of God, my Lord, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... who is the only-begotten son of "Sarah", Jerusalem ABOVE... also has a wife, "Rebekkah": NEW Jerusalem. She, who is the Bride of Christ.

Dear ones, the allegories are there for a REASON. ALL of them follow the "pattern" of what exists in the spirit realm. Just as the temple, Ark [of the Covenant], women, men, etc., do. LOOK to the Spirit, Christ... who is the Truth... for the truth regarding these matters and do not continuing leaning upon your own understanding. Otherwise, you are no different than the blind... who follow/lead the blind.

Again, I bid you peace... and ears to hear and get the SENSE of these truths, rather than being as the "Laodiceans" to whom my Lord says:

"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see." Revelation 3:17, 18

as well as to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... the holy spirit of God, the oil of exultation and anointing, which 'water' is poured out from the innermost parts of the Son of God, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... who is the only-begotton Son of God, by His free wife, SARAH... and the Holy Spirit... and acts as EYESALVE... to help the blind SEE... FREE!"

Leaning on our own understanding is what has made "christianity" what it is: a divisive conglomerate of sects and hateful dogma and belief systems that stand AWAY from God and Christ, not stand with their faces TOWARD them. The failure to put one's gaze on THE COPPER SERPENT raised up by "Moses"... has resulted in ALL of so-called "christianity" being "bitten" by "poisonous vipers." I say to you all, that if you do NOT turn your gaze to the Christ, and look ONLY at him, just as Israel was to gaze at the serpent lifted up by Moses... you will die. You WILL die. Because there is nothing... and no one... else to save you from the poison that is in you.

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH and "greater" Isaac, who is the MOST Holy One of Israel... and "greater" Abraham...

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit