Newbie Here!

by Chemical Emotions 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I wanted to introduce myself. I am attending JW meetings for reasons that I will not, at this time, elaborate on, but I want to leave. I have wanted to for awhile, for many reasons. I am somewhere between agnostic and atheistic, and I dissagree with most of the WTS's teachings, as well as it's member's attitudes. (I especially dissagree with the way they tend to treat women and children, as well as the subject of rape and child molestation.)

So I just wanted to say hi to everyon here.

Also, some questions: Would you mind telling me why I can only post 10 comments a day and one topic a day (if I'm correct about that)?

Can I change my avatar without Gravatar?

• tec
    tec

Welcome ChemicalEmotions. Good name!

Also, some questions: Would you mind telling me why I can only post 10 comments a day and one topic a day (if I'm correct about that)?

Its a probationary thing, just in case you came here to spam. That limits your spamming ability. It lasts until around a hundred posts, if I remember correctly.

Peace,

Tammy

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome, Chemical Emotions.

The fact that you've posted here already tells us something: that you're awake and thinking. Sure, everybody has to make their way at their own pace but don't leave it for too long or you might slowly start losing your mind. I'll agree that dealing with other JWs does tend to be sickening. In fact I found it to be downright depressing! There are plenty of things to learn here and plenty of people to learn from.

As Tammy said, the 10 post limit is a probationary measure and doesn't last for very long. As for the avatar thing: you have to go to http://en.gravatar.com/ and register there with the EXACT same email address that you used here. Beware that in some rare cases it just doesn't work for some people. Stick around and keep posting. It's nice to see you here...

V665V665

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome Chemical Emotions!

I had wanted to leave for many years and did'nt too. But finally 2005 ended up being my last meeting. I am so glad to be free of it all!

At least as far as not being a witness anymore that is!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Why would an atheist-agnostic torture themselves with dead WT cultic meetings? At least go to a vibrant, dynamic Christian church with the presence of God (not to mention powerful worship music)?! Leave and flee the Kingdom Hall before a deception starts to take root.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. Can't wait to hear more of your story as you're able to tell it!

• sizemik
    sizemik

A warm welcome Chemical Emotions . . . glad you found the place.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Well, come!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Welcome Chemical Emotions and yes I still think you can change your avatar by using Gravatar

One thing worth mentioning is since this discussion forum has been running for 10 years there's a whole lot of information

saved that you can research on by using the search engine within this site. enjoy

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Welcome to the board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit