I finally did it!!

by Free!! 24 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Lord had me throw out much of my music (Black Sabbath, etc.) when I became a Christian. If I was a JW or Mormon, I would expect that I would have to trash it to help gain freedom from cultic bondage. Since I have not been in a cult, I can have WT literature, Satanic Bible, etc. around for research without compromise.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Congratulations, Free!! I'm very happy for you. I also got rid of most of my books, although I did keep my copies of the New World Translation, the Insight volumes, The NWT Concordance, and one or two older publications. I also kept my Watchtower Library CD, the 2007 edition. That way I have some stuff as hard copy for quick reference. The Watchtower Library CD will be useful for looking at old publications if I need to reference something in them.

While I was still making the effort to get reinstated, I once asked the elders if I could bring my old bound volumes to the Hall and leave them there for anyone to take who wanted them. Their answer: I should throw them away since the Watchtower Library CD had made them useless! I never thought I'd hear that from elders. "What about people who don't own a computer?" I asked. "Don't you think they could make use of the books?" I was then told even more firmly that I should not bring them to the Hall but dispose of them some other way. So when I did finally get rid of them by throwing them into the dumpster along with all the other publications, I didn't feel a twinge of guilt.

Quendi

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Good for you! One of my favorite memories myself. Three garbage backs full of all my books and book bag with my RV info in them... Then the wardrobe toss. Anything that screamed JW two big garbage bags to goodwill... those are good memories! Good for you! big step

FS

• Quendi
    Quendi

I did keep my book bags, however, since I had obtained them from Lands End and they were simply too valuable, useful, and good looking to throw away! However, I emptied them of any and all Witness material and paraphernalia. They are both enjoying their second lives carrying calculators, my NOOK e-Reader, and business materials.

Quendi

• godrulz
    godrulz

Does WT sell book bags or do people just buy whatever is practical? If they put their logo on bags, it could be a new source of revenue? Perhaps they could glow as a safety thing. Being water proof would also come in handy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit