Watchtower’s Picture of Demon Materialization

by Marvin Shilmer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Looks like he's been smoking some heavy duty stuff.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It looks just like the Smoke Monster on Lost! Run! Aaarggh! Decades later, this b s still scares me.

So what is the DNA of ectoplasm? One can see why they must new light everything.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

This article at my blog has stirred a lot of questions sent to me by email. I don’t have time to respond to all these requests so I place this response here.

The primary question asked is whether I think there is anything to this ectoplasm stuff?

The most recent academic article examining this question in detail is titled Cumulative Testimony for the Ectoplasm and Materialization Enigma (Tymn, Journal of Spirituality and Paranormal Studies, January, 2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p36-56).

The name of the journal publishing Tymn’s article tells us the audience. Author Tymn appears to make a painstaking attempt to unearth and present historical testimony of “ectoplasm”. He presents no definitive evidence of supernatural origin. Most telling is that in his painstaking corralling of “cumulative testimony” the latest thing he offers comes from an experience in the mid to late 1950s!

The conclusion I draw from Tymn’s article is that either 1) “ectoplasm” is a magician’s slight-of-hand performance or else 2) demons are on a very long vacation.

The main purpose of my blog presentation is to show how Watchtower’s “faithful slave” so eagerly attributed supernatural origin to what appears to be a parlor trick. Essentially, this “ectoplasm” business was a band-wagon that came by and Watchtower used it to its own ends just like any other businesses do the same thing.

If we attribute sincerity to Watchtower’s presentation of “ectoplasm” then it is run by idiots. If we conclude Watchtower used the “ectoplasm” craze as a tool to gain more converts then it is run by plain old fashioned businessmen who don’t care one hoot about authenticity.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit