Faith strengthening arkeological videos about Red Sea crossing, Sodom, Mount Sinai etc

by Kosonen 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

That's a video which contains a lot of speculations and almost no valid arguments. Just because they found the tomb of a young deceased Tutankhamun, he must have been the son of the Pharaoh of the Exodus, killed by the angel in the plague of the firstborns??? The video builds up entire theories (presented as truth) from mere suppositions (also presented as truth). Religious bullshit.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Hi DagothUR, I think you are too dogmatic and negative. There are a lot of interesting arkeological facts in these videos, confirming the Bible. And I am not alone to appreciate this. But unfortunately I have not heard the Watchtower refering to the findings of Ron Wyatt. Maybe his findings are disturbing.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's archaeological, BTW.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

actually it is pseudoarchaeological

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wyatt

• TDaze
    TDaze

You'd think that people who have left the JWs would be a bit more skeptical about bullshit claims about stuff like the exodus and the flood...

I like how they just assume that Imhotep was Joseph and go on from there. What a crock of shit this is.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I once saw a program and had nothing to do with religion ... there was a comment that egyptian authorities don't grant permission to certain places in that country because they fear things mentioned in the bible would be corroborated and this would only help the country of Israel. It made me go hmmmm ...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Places in Egypt might be able to be corroborated with things in the Bible but that still wouldn't mean the Bible is inspired by a God.

All it would prove would be that some of the place names or names of people alive at the time of the writers were used in the Bible, at most.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Maybe they can run this on the History Channel, which is a source noted for accurate historical programming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit