Are JW,s scared of Muslims ?

by pedal power 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ OUTLAW. And yes, they are. Muslims know more about the Bible than JWs do.

• Violia
  • Violia
    Violia

I guess I will never learn to switch to compatibility mode in IE9. Oh well.

jws used to teach ( not sure now, been out a while) that they are the modern day Israel and fulfillment of the bible scriptures about Israel. Instead we see the middle east at war and i wonder if they are not what the Bible refers to as Babylon the Great, and perhaps God will step in the stop them? Just a thought. I've forgotten more Bible prophecy than I ever knew.

I think jws are afraid of Muslims and probably some are wondering if they got that Bible prophecy "thing" right. You know Russia was supposed to be a major player in that, but appears Middle east is.

I apologize for my poor recall of what they taught about the events leading up to the Great tribulation and Armageddon . I avoid the wt and awake at all costs and have worked hard to purge my mind of their teachings.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

@ Heaven, you're right. I had an RV years ago who was a Muslim (Arabian)...and he knew the Bible back and forth. Even told me that Jesus was against going door to door. (Said Jesus didn't want to be rude and turn people OFF to the Message. LOL) That was before I even saw JWFacts or any other site. Showed me in my bible the passage at Luke.

Funny how the JWs are sooooo full of Bible knowledge, but always pull from the same 120 scriptures all the time! When a speaker is giving a talk...I can usually flip to one of the scriptures he'd use to make his point before HE even asks the audience to turn to it. SIMPLETONS!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The WTS did produce a small booklet entitled, I think, "The Time For True Submission to God". It was directed at Muslims. I had a copy to place with Muslims but never met any! I never read it either!

Can't imagine it was too confrontational as no fatwa was ordered against us infidels.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Bigmouth, I remember that brochure. For some reason I thought they may have portrayed Ishmael being offered up instead of Isaac---which I believe is at the root of the Israli/Arab conflict---in it's basic form. Arabs probably descended from Ishmael and Jew from Isaac, so they argue that it was Ishmael not Isaac who was promised the land. Something like that. Anyway, I don't know why I remember it this way. Does anyone else remember this---or am I making things up again? LOL my memory is a funny thing sometimes, and this doesn't sound completely accurate, but there was SOMETHING like that.

NC

• mummatron
    mummatron

NC, I think you're right on that whole Ishmael-Isaac Muslims versus Jews thing.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Do you remember if the brochure portrayed Ishmael being offered by Abraham instead of Isaac? If not the brochure, it may have been in a tract. Pleeeeze don't make me dig up the literature, LOL, I avoid it.

NC

• shakyground
    shakyground

If you read the Koran and Hadiths you'd be scared too lol. Mohammad was a maniac. Married a six year old girl named Aisha consumated the marriage when she was nine. Had a poetess with 5 children killed just for critisizing him, chopped off 500+ heads of the Jewish Quarizya tribe in Arabia and took their wives, tortured a man by building a fire on his chest to find out where treasure was, The Koran says fight the unbeliever wherever you find them along with other jewels like strike terror in the hearts of unbelievers and I have been made victorious through terror. It says that non muslims are the vilest of creatures, and in Islam there is abrogation. Abrogation is when 2 passages contradict each other the later one is the one to go with. Problem with that is most of the violent intolerant passages are found later in the Koran after Mohammad left Mecca and was living in Medina. Muslims are told to emulate Mohammad and that he was the best man that ever lived...... Islam is not and never was a religion of peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit