'Silent Witnesses' - JW Pedophilia (Australia) *VIDEO*

by 3Mozzies 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Thanks to Mr Monroe, I was able to upload this video from 2002.

http://vimeo.com/25581273

'Sunday' reveals the extraordinary story of how the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Australia routinely cover up cases of child abuse in their ranks and obstruct police investigations.

Child abuse victims speak out for the first time about how they were specifically instructed by church elders and overseers not to go to the police with their complaints.
    In one case 'Sunday' investigates, the church’s failure to act on the complaints of one family resulted in up to 40 other children being molested by the same paedophile.

3M

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Thank you 3Mozzies. I hadn't seen that video before.

I couldn't believe the reply that one of the victims received after asking for help to cope with the abuse...."He hadn't been praying enough" What insensitive, self righteous person would ever say that?

And yet, the 2 elders' reaction just confirms everything. One of them being so arrogant as to refuse any comment on the matter. (actually he was rude enough to suggest the reporter had a hearing impediment for keeping up with the questions, in spite of his refusal to comment.)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

What a great piece of journalism.

How about that ex JW lawyer who's now an Anglican priest?!

He has a beard now.

• sizemik
    sizemik

3Mozzies . . . thanks for posting this. I am personally aware of several incidents here in NZ . . . sadly nothing at all has been done in this country to address the problem (that I am aware of). I will be placing this link before the eyes of certain people for comment. It's impossible to simply do nothing anymore.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Excellent video. Well worth the time taken to view it. Thank you.

I might hope this thread gets bumped to the top and left there for several days.

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

Wow. What a great piece of Jounarlism. I wonder if this has had any impact on policy since this was 10yrs ago. I believe they go to the police now where it is law they do. Otherwise they leave it up to the victim. But too many people had to suffer for this to happen. So sad.

• clarity
    clarity

Wow, I'm just pretty much speachless at the moment.

Except to say, that the incompetance and deceit of those so called "princes" is disgusting.

Unbelieveable that we ever let them control us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the expose.

clarity

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Very grateful to 3Mozzies for uploading this.

Interestingly, a couple of years later Channel 9's Sunday program did a follow-up, finding some of those people in better spirits, but other victims ... and an organisation just as smug and arrogant.

Youtube link

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My father was an elder. Several years ago in his congregation one boy molested another. The molester is still free roaming about from one congregation to the next.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit