When You Left The "Truth" Were People Shocked?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I faded and when Witnesses realized I had abandoned the faith, they were shocked! No one would've ever believed that I would've left! No one!!!

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Not in my case, I was inactive for almost 11 years. But my wife.....oh yeah.....they still seem to assume I forced her to do it.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Edit: Nope. When I was in I was a "fringe JW". Average to below average hours. No real jump to any special privileges. Didn't really stand out different nor cared to gain the attention of any model JW as it would mean being too into my business and I didn't need that. So I guess that is why there is no real surprise when I faded and no real interest in my return as I didn't get any phone calls, visits, etc. So, lucky me. lol

• Quendi
    Quendi

I know many were shocked when it was announced that I was "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." But as is so often the case, they soon got over it. Only a handful of people expressed any support for me or desire for me to return. Now it has been a year since I last attended any meeting and so it must be apparent that I will not come back.

Quendi

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

YES!!! I was a regular pioneer (6 years running) engaged to a Bethelite and best friends with the CO's wife. My fiance broke up with me, I quit pioneering, and disappeared off the face of the Earth. Some people probably still think I am a JW and just moved away. Who knows. My family and the friends who knew me best -and abandoned me when I stopped attending- were blown away!

• blondie
    blondie

I don't know....no one ever mentions being shocked...some don't even know I'm out, inactive...shows you how much jws talk about some jws in other congregations....one doesn't even know she knows my sibling....thank goodness for marriage and different last names. Out of sight, out of mind.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think they're STILL shocked and don't think I've really left. Most of them seem to think I'm stumbled and will be back someday. If they only knew.

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, they were, by frankly my dears, I didn't care what the KH thought, I wanted my freedom and I ran with it!

• minimus
    minimus

I guess you did! LOL

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

No Body Cared, oh well one sister wrote a letter which was nice I guess, and another one kept coming by hoping to get my library ...if that counts. Not one question from an ELDER, or visit.... that was good though.... and that pretty much it??

By the way a 50 year slave....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit