"JW" Says Donor Organs Cause Personality Changes (and other nonsense) on TV!

by mummatron 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• dozy
    dozy

I know this guy from the tours - used to be an elder but apparently not now (at least I don't see him listed in any of the local congregations)

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/SearchMatchList.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=0&SubsidiaryNumber=0

He used to be one of the JWs who ran printing companies (very popular in the UK - some JWs have made big money from them) but sold up last year. http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk/carlisle-print-boss-sells-up-to-work-as-jehovah-s-witness-1.652214?referrerPath=features/money-matters

I would say he is an old reconstructed JW who still believes the JW stuff pedalled when transplants were banned. I suspect that the WTBTS aren't really very happy at him giving his personal views on what is now a "conscience matter." He is starting from an incorrect premise anyway , as the UK government has no intention of making transplants "compulsory" , merely considering changing the presumption on people opting in to opting out. One wonders whether he would have the same view if he or his children needed a kidney tranplant.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Thanks dozy.

• fade_away
    fade_away

This idea would make an awesome thriller movie! A boy gets a heart transplant from a serial killer that has been put to death recently. The boy now becomes aggressive with his friends and family and sadistic with animals; abusing his dog and killing cats and squirrels. The movie can have a climatic ending similar to The Amitiville Horror where he hunts his family down and kills most of them until the protagonist stabs the boy in the heart and ends his reign of terror.

lol! Cliche but a fun pop corn movie.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Sadly, millions of JWs wouldn't recognize this as a prime example of why people aren't supposed to turn their minds over to crazy old men in NY. Rather, they'll see it as a sterling example of why we must always keep up with Jehovah's ever-moving chariot and always partake of every morsel of spiritual food and new light from the faithful and discreet slave.

They will polish this turd until it shines like a mirror.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Not available outside the UK.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Anyone know why some UK vids aren't available elsewhere?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Anyone know why some UK vids aren't available elsewhere?

Have you paid the TV license? Here in the UK some like to think we have the best TV news and drama because we pay for it.

I can't imagine that brother will be very popular after making those ridiculous comments on national TV. In the 1960s of course Milton Henschel himself said something very similar to a reporter. But JWs have gone some distance to try to make themselves appear less wacky since then.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

What a nobber!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Bolenygirl, I agree with their findings..I too think it is possible to be connected in some way but not sure why. Because of the transplant or because of the trauma/drugs/etc.

And slimboyfat, how much is a TV license? We have to pay for our cable but can choose from where we get it..

Snoozy

ps..One thing about the witnesses..they were usually safe rather than sorry about some things..especially about some vaccines and oral polio .

• baltar447
    baltar447

cool, time to fire up the ol VPN service so I can watch

• talesin
    talesin

ps..One thing about the witnesses..they were usually safe rather than sorry about some things..especially about some vaccines and oral polio .

Interesting, Snoozy,,, I didn't get vaccinated because of 'blood',,, that was the 60s

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit