Topic #1 in my letter

by outsmartthesystem 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

That's so cute... You think they care.

For example, the rule was changed in 1981 to target Ray Franz. For pure spite against a single individual, the Society made up a rule for everyone. The Pharisees pale in comparison to the Watchtower, where man-made rules and adding to the word of God are concerned. You think they're unaware of their actions? You believe they can be reasoned with? They print magazines that say they must be obeyed or God won't love you. They print magazines that say they speak for God and if you don't agree with something they say, then you're confused and demonized. Jesus only preached for 3 years and he'd given up on the Pharisees before he died. These type have been around for nearly 100 years (counting from Rutherford) and, no doubt, getting letters from concerned people about their shitty attitude. They didn't care then and they're sick of hearing about it.

Predecessors to these men called themselves "the Christ", in which Jesus was only part. These guys are worse and the only thing they've learned from the history of JWs and Watchtower articles is how to be sneakier. Now they couch their self-idolization in JWese code. They feign humility while demanding obedience and worship. Just be glad they don't have the political authority of the Pharisees or every DFed JW would be murdered. I firmly believe that will be part of the Great Tribulation. The only thing holding the corrupt Society and elders from slaughtering dissenters is the legal ramifications. When the governments crumble and anarchy reigns, one WT article claiming God is ruling through the GB is all they'll need to start sentencing apostates to death.

I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU. - John 16:1-4
  • blondie
    blondie

This is most likely due to the situation when Ray Franz resigned from the Governing Body

Are you sure about that? I thought he was pushed.

Raymond Franz was pushed...he went because he had little choice in the matter...staying was an option taken away from him; he wasn't the first and not the last asked to leave Bethel (or take a "break") where it was not that person's choice. He was given a small amount of money and he relocated to a congregation in the south where he and his wife continued the jw life. He was helped by an elder in the congregation to find a place to live and hired him so he had income. This elder decided later to DA himself but continued on as Ray's employer (he also employed other jws). At the time associating with a DA'd jw was not a DF'ing offense. The WTS did change their policies and made it retroactive in Ray's case and DF'd Ray. I should also note that Ray's wife was at that meal with the DA'd brother but only Ray was DF'd. It is interesting to note that Ed Dunlap was df'd during that period but not his wife although "guilty" of same things he was.

It might be good to read (or re-read) Ray's books about that time in his life to get his view of things and not depend on other's interpretations of what happened.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

This is most likely due to the situation when Ray Franz resigned from the Governing Body

Are you sure about that? I thought he was pushed.

You are correct. He was indeed pushed. Although technically it was a "resignation". To all those baseball fans out there......it was similar to Marge Schott "voluntarily" giving up ownership of the Reds. It was....."if you 'resign', it'll look much better than if we have to make a spectacle of you".

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Won't Leave

I truly do NOT think they care. Remember.....when I was writing this letter.....it was going to be to my wife so she could look up the information provided. (I've since been convinced not to give her the letter). I wanted to feign like I believed the governing body cared and that they had everyone's best interests at heart so I could have some sort of common ground with my wife....instead of beating her over the head with information that paints (although truly) these men she has worshipped for 32 years so negatively.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@ots

Sorry if my sarcasm seemed directed at you. I looked it over and it can be read that way. I meant it toward the egomania of the men who run the Watchtower corporation.

That's why I write the things I do. I have little complaint with JW doctrine, as I don't even believe micromanaging doctrine is a necessity. Jesus wasn't a doctrinal teacher; the Pharisees were. Jesus was a teacher of hearts; not minds. I don't believe everything JWs do, but the only thing I take up arms against is their disgusting interpretation and implementation of "the faithful and discreet slave". I am always on the lookout for the magic subject that will open a JW's mind without triggering the shut-down mechanism all cults implant in their members. I wrote "Do Jehovah's Witnesses hold the 'Memorial' on the wrong day?" for this reason. I hope the date of Memorial won't seem like a huge doctrinal issue and put up the mental quarantine wall. It's not like I'm throwing Hellfire or the trinity at them, so maybe I can get them to think just for a moment. Just to make a crack in the impenetrable armor the Society makes for itself, in the minds of JWs is all I seek. After that - with the Internet - it's easy for them to find more information. The first step is the hardest and that's what I try to help them make. While minute doctrinal details are moot in themselves, they are tools to pry open the proxy-Christ grip of the fallible human leaders, who seat themselves in the seat of Moses.

He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god. - 2Thes 2:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit